Is New Mexico State a "must win" for Coach Mac?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we lose, Foley should give him an immediate raise, and allow Mac to keep recruiting kids so when he's fired at the end of the season Mac can take them to his next school. Worked out pretty well for the last coach.

andywarhol

Banned
Banned
Aug 27, 2015
ExecutiveGator;n269484 said:
Not only do the good guys need to destroy NMSU, if at any time prior to 7 minutes left in the 4th when up by 50, Mac takes the foot off the gas, I will bash my head into the ground. Watching UF Football has not been fun for 5 years, and I am so sick of having anxiety for 60 minutes wondering if we will beat Vandy. So, yes, this is a must freakin win. And if we come out and run, run, pass and 3-and-out... God help us all.

Something like 65-0? That was the score of the game to usher in the Roper era. Then the offense scored a field goal in the first half at home against Kentucky. I don't think you can learn anything when you play a game like this. It's like watching the Christians against the lions in the Colosseum. Georgia Southern, even though they were an FCS school at the time, was a much better team than New Mexico State. In fact, Georgia Southern went undefeated in the Sun Belt conference last year, while New Mexico State won one game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every game is a must win, should win game in my opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seka;n269612 said:
Last time I was called cabrone
It's actually cabron or cabrona (if you are a chic).

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
andywarhol;n269625 said:
Something like 65-0? That was the score of the game to usher in the Roper era. Then the offense scored a field goal in the first half at home against Kentucky. I don't think you can learn anything when you play a game like this. It's like watching the Christians against the lions in the Colosseum. Georgia Southern, even though they were an FCS school at the time, was a much better team than New Mexico State. In fact, Georgia Southern went undefeated in the Sun Belt conference last year, while New Mexico State won one game.

200.gif

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
andywarhol;n269471 said:
How will you be able to tell if UF plays well? Do you even know how awful a team New Mexico State is?

Yes I do know how bad they might be. Having many years of watching football and seeing how champ's team performed against similar opponents. I seem to remember SOS showing a good team against lower competition.

Now perhaps you can't tell, and I can't be totally sure, but I can tell improvement, effort, and decent play calling.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a must win, but it's definitely a MUST NOT LOSE
yes, there's a difference.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was one of the idiots that kept making excuses for Muschamp. My faith was misplaced. Excuses were made that were completely unacceptable. He lost to Ga Southern.......and kept his job. That was inexcusable and he should've been fired prior to the post game presser.

All that said, NMSU should not present a challenge at all. If we lose, Mac should probably be fired. There is really no excuse. The 2nd game would be less egregious because East Carolina has developed a quality program and they have a really good coach. Still, we should be rolling into the UT game undefeated.

andywarhol

Banned
Banned
Aug 27, 2015
VulcanAlex;n269661 said:
Yes I do know how bad they might be. Having many years of watching football and seeing how champ's team performed against similar opponents. I seem to remember SOS showing a good team against lower competition.

Now perhaps you can't tell, and I can't be totally sure, but I can tell improvement, effort, and decent play calling.

We saw everything you listed in last year's opening game. Improvement, effort, and decent play calling were all on display in a 65-0 rout. But it only took a week to see it was fool's gold.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
andywarhol;n269813 said:
We saw everything you listed in last year's opening game. Improvement, effort, and decent play calling were all on display in a 65-0 rout. But it only took a week to see it was fool's gold.
Eerily similar to what Dork would say.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
andywarhol;n269813 said:

I don't seem to remember that especially the decent play calling.

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
Law98gator;n269644 said:
It's actually cabron or cabrona (if you are a chic).

Thanks for the correction. Sadly, I'm not bi - bi-lingual that is. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.