It's NOT about recruiting

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Who said it was you dumbass.

Clemtech won 2 nattys without having consistent top 5 o even top 10 classes. Good coaching and staff concistency.

So repeat after or me. We don't have to have top 5 classes. We need top 10 classes, good coaching, staff consistency. We have none of that now.

As far as college football goes, we have a lot of staff consistency. We have less turnover than almost any so called big time program.. Does not take a genius to know why that is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One think about hiring the Knoxes and Coach Jules of the world, Lord knows no one is hiring them away.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Who said it was you dumbass.

Clemtech won 2 nattys without having consistent top 5 o even top 10 classes. Good coaching and staff concistency.

So repeat after or me. We don't have to have top 5 classes. We need top 10 classes, good coaching, staff consistency. We have none of that now.
What you're saying isn't exactly true but close enough to make a point. When Clemson had full classes they were top 10, top 5. 2016/2017 they recruited small classes- don't ask me why. But they were very talented even if under 20 commits. They recruited difference makers- great DL that reeked havoc, good QBs, some WRs, a RB, NFL TE. Imagine Meyer(or Mullen) without Tebow, Harvin, an unnamed TE, a smattering of NFL OL.

Mullen misses too much solid talent, hasn't found difference makers. He inherited a few from McElwain and ran with those guys. We would think and expect him to go out on the recruiting trail and hand select his guys, show them the film of what he could turn them into, and ball that way. But he seems to have a major disconnect. If he would just land solid 3+ star classes with some difference makers- and force his coaches to carry their weight recruiting we wouldn't be talent depleted. If you were his boss you might sit across and ask "what were you relying on to get talent in here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator