Jack Pyburn Out for Season: Torn ACL

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hate it for him, but it's a long time until next fall.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Damn, Thats terrible news. Thought he had a good game Saturday up to the injury.
Terrible news. Hate to see anyone get hurt, especially a season ending injury.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well Fook! Kid played well and hard on Saturday. Love his attitude and energy. He'll be missed and get back soon.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I posted in the game thread, the defense took a big step back as soon as Pyburn went down. Of course I was called out that this defense has a lot bigger problem than losing one player. That may be true but, it doesn't change the fact we win the game if he doesn't go down.
Hope he comes back 100%. He's a big effort guy that would be a good role model for the young talented LB group to emulate.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to hear it. Looks like next year will be a redshirt year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I posted in the game thread, the defense took a big step back as soon as Pyburn went down. Of course I was called out that this defense has a lot bigger problem than losing one player. That may be true but, it doesn't change the fact we win the game if he doesn't go down.
Hope he comes back 100%. He's a big effort guy that would be a good role model for the young talented LB group to emulate.
Not exactly sure one can say this so matter of factly. I highly doubt his absence changed the final outcome. He played well for him, but if he was so far better than others he would have been playing more snaps all season. Now there was a kid name Powell or something last year that I can say factually we miss a ton and he is better than any DE we currently have.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Not exactly sure one can say this so matter of factly. I highly doubt his absence changed the final outcome. He played well for him, but if he was so far better than others he would have been playing more snaps all season. Now there was a kid name Powell or something last year that I can say factually we miss a ton and he is better than any DE we currently have.
It's just a feeling I have from being 10 rows up on the 25 yd line. Pyburn, who I saw as just a forever ST player just last year, will be missed on THIS defense.

Aug 5, 2014
Once again, this team (not just the defense )has much bigger issues than one guy on the DL...

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Once again, this team (not just the defense )has much bigger issues than one guy on the DL...
And I'm sure you've pointed out every one of them in multiple threads.
My point is, a defense that's barely treading water all year, has hit the limit on the amount of injuries it can sustain without the product on the field not only down, but way down. If you don't think it could be worse on D, just hang on.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And I'm sure you've pointed out every one of them in multiple threads.
My point is, a defense that's barely treading water all year, has hit the limit on the amount of injuries it can sustain without the product on the field not only down, but way down. If you don't think it could be worse on D, just hang on.

With Sapp, Jackson, and James out, losing Pyburn was not good at all. We may be past that limit and depth is gonna be an issue. Especially these next three games.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Norman and Hill may need to play their 4 game limit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Norman and Hill may need to play their 4 game limit.

I could see Hill needing to redshirt. And I’m not saying Norman definitely doesn’t. But if we need him, there’s no point in trying to save eligibility. This is an IMG kid from NJ. He’s playing for the NFL and you’re looking at 3 years of him at best. If he can go, he should be out there.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
As disgusted as I was with the game I could see what was going to happen once Arky's QB started running with the ball in the 4th quarter. We were down too many bodies with the current personnel we have on defense this year. Barring a miracle, things are going to get ugly in the 2nd half of the 3 remaining games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.