Jalen Tabor, Treon Harris suspended for Tennessee

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Goodness I guess I've been under a rock, this is the first I am hearing of this and it PISSES ME OFF.

100% on board with them being made examples, however. Go Mac.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@McMurphyESPN: UF suspensions: QB Treon Harris (failed drug test) & CB Jalen Tabor (refusal to take drug test, automatic suspension) source told @ESPN

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
NVGator;n284346 said:
Right, so he's one of the best in the country = we should keep him. He's had multiple incidents. Send him packing.
For smoking weed? Come on. Yeah, it sucks that they don't have the self control to abstain, but it doesn't make them thugs or villains, just stoners. They don't really owe us anything and if Mac is ready to take them back for OM I'm all for it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n284343 said:
Y'all trippin on getting rid of Tabor, he's one of the best DBs in the country, as for Treon, he's had multiple issues so yeah I can see that one

This isn't Tabor's first issue either. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't UF have the policy of only suspending after a third failed test? If so, then based on that and the prior problems I'm in favor of sending them off to play elsewhere.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n284354 said:
For smoking weed? Come on. Yeah, it sucks that they don't have the self control to abstain, but it doesn't make them thugs or villains, just stoners. They don't really owe us anything and if Mac is ready to take them back for OM I'm all for it.

Well not for smoking weed, but from being so selfish in doing so. Now I don't advocate sending them packing, but if they can't or won't learn then they will need to go.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n284343 said:
Y'all trippin on getting rid of Tabor, he's one of the best DBs in the country, as for Treon, he's had multiple issues so yeah I can see that one

Crucial?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now it's being reported that Harris was suspended for failed drug test and Tabor for refusing to take a test.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n284354 said:

It's not his first offense either. He's been in a fight with a fellow teammate for stealing, right? He's been in a car with weed and now he's refusing to take a test. I call the last one insubordination.

I I don't care how talented a kid is. It's just preventing the inevitable.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Didn't Mac say that this was not a "suspension". If that is true then doesn't that mean it's not a drug test thing?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n284362 said:
Didn't Mac say that this was not a "suspension". If that is true then doesn't that mean it's not a drug test thing?

He means that in the way of " I didn't do it, they did it to themselves by making a bad decision."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is tabor BTW.
@_31Flavorz: Never believe what you read , uf athletic association sucks ❗️😒

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n284361 said:
It's not his first offense either. He's been in a fight with a fellow teammate for stealing, right? He's been in a car with weed and now he's refusing to take a test. I call the last one insubordination.

I I don't care how talented a kid is. It's just preventing the inevitable.

I think it was that DL we sent packing that was fighting with Morningwood after being confronted about stealing his cleats.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
VulcanAlex;n284356 said:
Well not for smoking weed, but from being so selfish in doing so. Now I don't advocate sending them packing, but if they can't or won't learn then they will need to go.
I agree completely that it's disappointing they can't put it aside despite knowing it could impact themselves and their teammates. But it doesn't make me want to see them made example of or tossed from the team just to play somewhere else. Thug behavior like hitting a woman, robbery, even DUI and I'm all for zero tolerance, you're gone. But I just can't get that riled up over college students smoking a J. Maybe we should stop testing for it. We don't test academic scholarship recipients.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n284368 said:
This is tabor BTW.

If that is Tabor, he should be done. If UFAA sucks so bad, then we don't need your thug ass wasting scholarship money that donors provide.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n284368 said:
This is tabor BTW.

:bananawave:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Yes they did steal; they stole from the team. They robbed significant practice reps from the dedicated young men that now must take their place. They robbed time and effort from the coaches. Whether we win or not, their actions hurt the team.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
williston_gator;n284364 said:
He means that in the way of " I didn't do it, they did it to themselves by making a bad decision."

No he specifically said it wasn't a "suspension". As opposed to saying "I didn't suspend them".

Chris Harry ‏@GatorsChris
McElwain corrects, "They're not suspensions, they made choice. Not angry at them. They made a choice to do whatever." #Gators

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n284372 said:
If that is Tabor, he should be done. If UFAA sucks so bad, then we don't need your thug ass wasting scholarship money that donors provide.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator