Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man in car crash

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Oh man so this is what his tweet was about. I was wondering who died and what happened. Very sad

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder why this is front page news in a national newspaper. He was on the interstate after an accident, not much to say other than he probably should have been far off the interstate, it could have happened to any of us.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Oh man so this is what his tweet was about. I was wondering who died and what happened. Very sad

“Out of respect for those involved”

Horse crap.

Just say, my attorneys have advised me not to comment. I hate when people couch legal maneuvering as respect for the affected.

It’s the opposite of respectful.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
“Out of respect for those involved”

Horse crap.

Just say, my attorneys have advised me not to comment. I hate when people couch legal maneuvering as respect for the affected.

It’s the opposite of respectful.
Ummm......there is going to be a law suite and anything he says publicly could be used so he's doing exactly what he should be doing, which is....STFU!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Ummm......there is going to be a law suite and anything he says publicly could be used so he's doing exactly what he should be doing, which is....STFU!
I agree. So just say that. Don’t hide behind “respect for others”

It’s not respect for others that’s keeping him quiet, it’s purely self preservation.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What would the basis of the lawsuit be if no charges were filed and New York being a no fault state?

GatorRaed

Jan 3, 2019
What would the basis of the lawsuit be if no charges were filed and New York being a no fault state?
This is America. You can pretty much sue for anything if you can find a lawyer motivated or desperate enough to take the case. I hope Boeheim has a good umbrella insurance policy.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Sorry for Jimenez's family and for Jim Boeheim. It appears he wasn't drinking, speeding, or operating his vehicle recklessly. It was an accident, but Boeheim, I am sure, will have some guilt feelings and some "what ifs" thoughts. What Boeheim has to do is to not blame himself because he did nothing wrong. That is easier said than done in many cases. Some people are able to handle things like this better than others. Any of us could have ended up in the same boat that Boeheim is now in.

When I see people stopped on the side of the Interstate changing a flat tire, or whatever, I always worry that they could get hit by a car or truck. It's a dangerous situation to be in. I just saw the other day where a man ran over and killed his wife by accident. The wife was going around the back of their vehicle when she slipped and fell and her husband didn't see her. I think he was also a rather elderly man. Just a tragedy.

I don't think Boeheim is going to be charged with anything, but I guess he could be sued by Jimenez's family for monetary damages. I guess anyone can sue anybody for anything, but whether they will win the case is another matter.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. So just say that. Don’t hide behind “respect for others”

It’s not respect for others that’s keeping him quiet, it’s purely self preservation.

How do you know all that motivates him?

I suspect his motivation are myriad, and while I would guess that protecting himself against legal and civil action is among them, I find it very easy to believe that he doing so shows respect for their family too. He is a very public figure. He likely has a different perspective on the situation than they do and him answering tons of questions (from his perspective) is something they probably don't want to see and hear. It is respectful to protect their privacy in this matter too.

I don't know what makes you hate it so much, but I think those involved see a lot more complexity to this than is apparent at first glance.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A terrible situation for all parties, and I feel for the victim's family as well as Coach Boeheim.

I have a question for everyone about this that I am not sure how I feel about.

Before the game against Duke Saturday, when Boeheim was announced, the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

I realize that the fans were simply showing support for him and appreciating his pain but was this appropriate given the fact that a man is dead?
It seems to me that maybe a moment of silence or something would have been a little more appropriate.

Does this make you a little uneasy or am I over-analyzing the situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator