Jimmy V. Classic

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 35m35 minutes ago
Duke will play Florida and Arizona State will face Purdue in the 2016 Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden, sources told @CBSSports.

Duke is going to be tough, they have an awesome class coming in and have great returning talent. I HATE the dookies, so we have to find some way to win...Mike is going to have a tough schedule this upcoming year. Also, are in the Orlando tournament with some elite teams. Opportunities for resume wins.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's a great opportunity. We'll see how the team responds with not having home court all fall.

UF in the Orlando tournament includes Miami, Stanford, Gonzaga, Seton Hall, Quinnipiac, Iowa State, and Indiana State.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Next year is going to be brutal.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Next year is going to be brutal.

If UF has a playing rotation of:

G: Hill, Allen, Chiozza
F: Robinson, Leon, Murphy
C: Egbunu, Hayes

and Hill does not regress in the off season and Murphy gets his 6th year and stays healthy, UF should be able to compete with anyone. This requires smart PG play or at least if not smart PG play, PG play up to the so so level of the SEC Tourney and NIT.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Duke is going to be the best team in the country next year. This is going to be good for our sos next year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Crap....it had to be Duke...had to be

My brother is a huge Duke fan...crap crap crap

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
K might not even be around much longer. After coaching this summer in the Olympics, it wouldn't shock me if he retired. He's pushing 70, and has zero to prove.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
K might not even be around much longer. After coaching this summer in the Olympics, it wouldn't shock me if he retired. He's pushing 70, and has zero to prove.
He'll coach next year. He's going to have a championship caliber squad next year.

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Did I mention I hate Duke? I live in VA, but live only an hour away from Chapel Hill, Raleigh-Durham, and Winston-Salem. So I'm in ACC territory. UNC is ok with me, their fans at least pulled for the Heels in bball and football. There were a few UVA fans too. But the most obnoxious group were the Duke basketball/Va Tech football fans. Come winter they were cheering for duke, then once fall came, they traded in their colors and cheered on the hokies. Have had many battles with that group....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Next year we are going to get our :kiffin: pushed in.

Remember this post, we'll all be screaming to fire white by seasons end.

:chickenlittle:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Next year we are going to get our :kiffin: pushed in.

giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Duke is likely to be the #1 team when the season starts. This will be a quality win.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
UF should be able to compete with anyone.

I guess I just disagree.

Duke's talent disparity is probably 15 points or more. Add in Coach K vs White and you have an even worse score.

Grayson Allen is back for Duke. I'd be surprised if they didn't run us out of the gym. I guess White's dad works for Duke. I'm not sure this is going to be the exposure we want.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just to make it more fun... Grayson Allen just announced he is coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.