Jimmy V. Classic

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I guess I just disagree.

Duke's talent disparity is probably 15 points or more. Add in Coach K vs White and you have an even worse score.

Grayson Allen is back for Duke. I'd be surprised if they didn't run us out of the gym. I guess White's dad works for Duke. I'm not sure this is going to be the exposure we want.

Well let's see, Krzyzewski plays a pretty short rotation and UF has a pretty established 8 back if everyone comes back. So let's match them up:

Guard, UF: Hill, K. Allen, Chiozza Duke: G.Allen, Kennard, Jones, Thornton

Duke's guard are bigger than UF's. UF has two pure PGs in the mix. G. Allen is the best scorer. The Duke guards are better outside shooters.

Post: UF: Egbunu, Robinson, Hayes, Leon, Murphy Duke: Giles, Tatum, DeLaurier, White

It appears to me that Duke will be all Frosh in the paint. Giles and Tatum are established talents, though I am not sure who matches up with Egbunu. Duke does have a couple of roster frosh bigs who match the size of Egbunu, so maybe I am wrong not to list them.

I guess if I see a Duke advantage it is at the guard position. We of course know that Kasey Hill living up to his recruiting ranking has been the issue for this team for the past 2 years and will be next year to some extent. It seems to me to be a classic back court team against a front court team matchup.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well let's see, Krzyzewski plays a pretty short rotation and UF has a pretty established 8 back if everyone comes back. So let's match them up:

Guard, UF: Hill, K. Allen, Chiozza Duke: G.Allen, Kennard, Jones, Thornton

Duke's guard are bigger than UF's. UF has two pure PGs in the mix. G. Allen is the best scorer. The Duke guards are better outside shooters.

Post: UF: Egbunu, Robinson, Hayes, Leon, Murphy Duke: Giles, Tatum, DeLaurier, White

It appears to me that Duke will be all Frosh in the paint. Giles and Tatum are established talents, though I am not sure who matches up with Egbunu. Duke does have a couple of roster frosh bigs who match the size of Egbunu, so maybe I am wrong not to list them.

I guess if I see a Duke advantage it is at the guard position. We of course know that Kasey Hill living up to his recruiting ranking has been the issue for this team for the past 2 years and will be next year to some extent. It seems to me to be a classic back court team against a front court team matchup.
You're forgetting about dukes starting point guard. Frank Jackson, he a 5 star McDonald's all American stud. You're also leaving out Chase Jeter who was a 2015 5 star big man they bring back. Jefferson may get a hardship waiver and be back next year aswell. There's probably going to be a pretty big talent gap. But we don't even know what our roster is going to look like yet. Looks like we've got a few players visiting this month.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You're forgetting about dukes starting point guard. Frank Jackson, he a 5 star McDonald's all American stud. You're also leaving out Chase Jeter who was a 2015 5 star big man they bring back. Jefferson may get a hardship waiver and be back next year aswell. There's probably going to be a pretty big talent gap. But we don't even know what our roster is going to look like yet. Looks like we've got a few players visiting this month.

So you imagine a Frosh SG, not PG, is going to put G.Allen on the bench? I listed 4 guards who all played major minutes last year for Duke and remember Krzyzewski still uses a short rotation. Jeter played 7.9 minutes a game as a Frosh. He may well step up this coming year if he gets into the rotation. Jefferson getting a hardship would be big for them. Still now we have listed 11 names, G. Allen, Jackson, Kennard, Jones, Thornton, Jeter, Jefferson, Giles, Tatum, DeLaurier and White and Duke is not going to have an 11 man rotation next year. Maybe early against UF all will play serious minutes, but I doubt it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So you imagine a Frosh SG, not PG, is going to put G.Allen on the bench? I listed 4 guards who all played major minutes last year for Duke and remember Krzyzewski still uses a short rotation. Jeter played 7.9 minutes a game as a Frosh. He may well step up this coming year if he gets into the rotation. Jefferson getting a hardship would be big for them. Still now we have listed 11 names, G. Allen, Jackson, Kennard, Jones, Thornton, Jeter, Jefferson, Giles, Tatum, DeLaurier and White and Duke is not going to have an 11 man rotation next year. Maybe early against UF all will play serious minutes, but I doubt it.
Jackson is probably a the best pg coming out of highschool. He will be the starter beside Allen.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
My brother...Duke fan...says it's going to be Jackson, Allen, Tatum, Giles, and Bolden (not committed yet) or Jefferson.

I think we could counter effectively with Hill, Allen, Barry, The tall Greek Freak or Stone, and Egbunu. I'd like our chances with that lineup

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My brother...Duke fan...says it's going to be Jackson, Allen, Tatum, Giles, and Bolden (not committed yet) or Jefferson.

I think we could counter effectively with Hill, Allen, Barry, The tall Greek Freak or Stone, and Egbunu. I'd like our chances with that lineup
I agree but I'd rather have prior than Barry but will gladly take Barry.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I meant Kostas Antetokounmpo
Thanks, I figured it out after reading the other BB thread.
If Murph2 gets a hardship, then I think he will be a starter, assuming he stays healthy. A lot of ifs, I know. If DR comes back, he could get a starting spot as well since he'll have the same measureables as Kostas and would have been in White's system for over a year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks, I figured it out after reading the other BB thread.
If Murph2 gets a hardship, then I think he will be a starter, assuming he stays healthy. A lot of ifs, I know. If DR comes back, he could get a starting spot as well since he'll have the same measureables as Kostas and would have been in White's system for over a year.
Most likely, I'm assuming Murphy doesn't come back or Robinson stays in the draft, I think it's the lonely way we have room without another transfer out

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Most likely, I'm assuming Murphy doesn't come back or Robinson stays in the draft, I think it's the lonely way we have room without another transfer out
Since White's bringing all these guys in for visits, we can only assume we're going to lose a couple more scholarships guys, whether it's Murph2 and DR, or BFR or Chorizo, who knows at this point? But I am liking who he's bringing in for visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.