John Saunders Dead at 61

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn. That's sad and too young. We keep having these birthday threads and makes one think how old we are getting. Seems we have as many "XX Dies" thread as we do Birthday Threads.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
well, 1.8 die a second so we're gonna lose some

the good news though is that 4 are born in the same time frame - if that's good news

as far as John Saunders goes, he seemed like a good man to me and my sympathies go out to his family.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was one of the few really good people at ESPN so I am sad to hear this. That network is full of egotistical idiots and John was one of the few exceptions.

Truly sad today

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sad to hear that. I wonder if this is related to his falls from some years back. I remember hearing he had a few falls and one caused some bad brain swelling.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was one of the few really good people at ESPN so I am sad to hear this. That network is full of egotistical idiots and John was one of the few exceptions.

Truly sad today

Yep he was generally never over the top with the political stuff like some of those clowns at ESPN.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep he was generally never over the top with the political stuff like some of those clowns at ESPN.

You read right through me on this one. Your comment is one of the primary issues I have with BSPN and I hate to see one of the few non-activists gone from the network. I thought they were a sports network.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN definitely is becoming unwatchable. I used to enjoy tuning into sports to get away from politics. Hard to do that anymore.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
John Saunders was a classy guy, and always came across as a true professional. Definitely one of the good guys, and absolutely one of the best espn/abc ever had.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He always had a subtle smile on his face - like he really enjoyed what he was doing. That, plus his seemingly effortless on-air delivery made him enjoyable to watch.

Very sad. A crappy year continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator