Joker Phillips joins Ohio State staff

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I guess his purgatory for cheating at UF is over.

(from coachingsearch.com)

Ohio State: Former Kentucky head coach and Cleveland Browns wide receivers coach Joker Phillips has joined the Ohio State staff as a quality control assistant, and former Indiana defensive coordinator Brian Knorr has joined the staff as an athletics intern, according to multiple reports. Phillps spent 2015 with the Browns and was Kentucky’s head coach from 2010-12. Knorr spent the past two seasons at Indiana and was the head coach at Ohio from 2001-04.

More from coachingsearch:

Joker Phillips has joined the Ohio State staff as quality control assistant.

Phillips spent last season with the Cleveland Browns and 2013 as a Florida assistant, before his dismissal after a recruiting violation. He was the head coach at Kentucky from 2010-12, posting a 13-24 record. Phillips spent more than a decade at UK and also coached at Cincinnati.

Phillips joins Greg Schiano and Luke Fickell as former FBS head coaches on the OSU staff, while several other assistants have high school head coaching experience.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this earlier today. Not really a big deal. Joker might have been good if he didn't get himself into recruiting trouble. I imagine they will ease him back into the job step by step.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I had no idea Schiano was on the OSU staff.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Schanio can provide a nice MRSA outbreak up there, since that is all he did in Tampa.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is perfect for him.
No sane person in the state of Ohio will report him for any recruiting violations.
Ratting out the suckeyes is a capital offense in Ohio.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Could not be a better fit than with Urbs... NCAA will be breathing down their neck now

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
"Joker Phillips has joined the Ohio State staff as quality control assistant."

Quality Control Assistant? Should be a good hire because Joker really knows how to keep the quality down.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
OSU is a zit waiting to be popped.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
OSU is a zit waiting to be popped.

Yeah....so were we....and we popped like Mt. St. Helen's!

Right now, Ohio State is among the top 2-3 programs in the country and Meyer has stacked that coaching staff with the best out there. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing McElwain adding a former D1 head coach as a "quality control coach" vs. hiring a former HS basketball coach to one of those positions. But that's just me....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanna win. Whether we do or not will, ultimately, fall on Mac as he knows.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Phillips joins Greg Schiano and Luke Fickell as former FBS head coaches on the OSU staff, while several other assistants have high school head coaching experience.

And this, folks, is the blueprint for how you successfully stack your coaching staff. You hire ex-FOOTBALL COACHES for non-coaching positions and use the NCAA regulations and loopholes to your advantage. You don't fill these slots with former high school basketball coaches.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And this, folks, is the blueprint for how you successfully stack your coaching staff. You hire ex-FOOTBALL COACHES for non-coaching positions and use the NCAA regulations and loopholes to your advantage. You don't fill these slots with former high school basketball coaches.

See post #12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.