Josh Uche flips Gators the bird, heads for Michigan

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is some people don't know sh!t about football....They think everything hinges on getting a 5 star QB or 5 star WR's and RB's....None of that sh!t matters when the 5 stars are flat on their back behind the los.....

I can agree with that. Just find it funny haha

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
They already have 6 on the roster and they now have 4-5 in this class yet they keep loading up. Harbaugh is killing it on the recruiting trail!

Yeah, Harbaugh is a stud. Give the guy credit, he knows what he's doing, his players love him and they play hard for the guy. It shows in the W/L column.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Saban had three 5*s in his first two classes. If Clayton sticks, Mac will have three in his first two.

I don't know who's to blame more for this class. Personally, it seems more and more like the coaches. Callahan seems to have really **** the bed. Shannon hasn't hit the big names, but he reeled Reese in with short notice. Still a good class.
This isn't a horrible class by any means. It's good as it stands now and if we get another LB and hopefully more offensive linemen it will be a damned fine class. If the defense doesn't sh!t the bed next year we'll load up on safety's then.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't a horrible class by any means. It's good as it stands now and if we get another LB and hopefully more offensive linemen it will be a damned fine class. If the defense doesn't sh!t the bed next year we'll load up on safety's then.
I still think Fulton could realm turn this class. It would allow us to push Gardner to safety. I'd like another tackle and guard and one more LB

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I still think Fulton could realm turn this class. It would allow us to push Gardner to safety. I'd like another tackle and guard and one more LB
Fulton would be nice and I think we still get at least one more big name recruit before it's all said and done....maybe two. I hope we can find someone to play safety that can cover for a change. I'd rather let Gardener play nickel. I know he's a good player but safety position can sometimes be a lot of responsibility and make a freshmen's head swim.....

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Either these kids troll the Zach and Andrew or those guys are the worst at reading people ever. They were acting like uche was in the bag.
Zach is absolutely horrible. His track record is shows just that. Best thing to do is believe the complete opposite of what he reports. Awful.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The problem is some people don't know sh!t about football....They think everything hinges on getting a 5 star QB or 5 star WR's and RB's....None of that sh!t matters when the 5 stars are flat on their back behind the los.....
Best thing to do is believe the complete opposite of what he reports. Awful.
I couldn't agree more. I called him out on this in his recruiting blog after he missed mightily on the closing of the 2012 class....talk about back peddling and butthurt :lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't agree more. I called him out on this in his recruiting blog after he missed mightily on the closing of the 2012 class....talk about back peddling and butthurt :lol:
I'm sure its a combination of these guys don't know shyt about football or recruiting. Then you figure in they are or have been a part of the Sun staff and then it comes to realization they really don't know what the heck is going on.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Thankfully you're a football wunderkind, so you can educate us all how football was meant to be played; with 3 tight ends and 2 fullbacks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thankfully you're a football wunderkind, so you can educate us all how football was meant to be played; with 3 tight ends and 2 fullbacks.
That's not at all true...I favor an offense that can dictate the way a defense has to play us. I'm not particularly fond of fullbacks. I do like having several different TE's with dual capability, H-back/flex and standard los/ next to the tackle, skill sets. But they have to have the balls to lock up a will or Mike seal a DE...sadly we haven't had one of those for a while. I also prefer 220#-240# RB's that will destroy a blitzing safety and at least stale mate a blitzing LBer. on obvious passing downs....haven't seen one of those in a while either....We need to "over recruit" the offensive line positions due to a long running deficiency at those positions, simple as that. Everything else will fall into place.....BTW, everyone who thinks 4.3 speed is so important needs to realize that the difference between 4.3 and 4.7 over 40 yards is around an arms length, so the bigger, stronger guy still wins.

So...instead of everyone pissing and moaning about not getting enough 5 star offensive all stars I say this, let's get our numbers right across the board....then let the strength staff forge them into big time CFB level players....at that point trust our coaching staff to design a balanced offensive scheme, 50-50, 60-40 run/pass, that lessens the needs of having to have a Joe Montana QB, Jerry Rice WR or Walter Payton RB to be a consistent top 10 football team.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Uche would have been a decent add but as long as the other LB's in this class stick we will be fine.

One thing that I tried to mention at the beginning of the season and everyone said I was crazy was that this hire was important not only for the X's and O's but recruiting. So far we have a decent; not great class. That's okay as long as 2017 and 18 are good.

Harbaugh on the other hand is getting it done but he is a big time name.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is he still trolling?

GatorBait.net ‏@GatorBait247 1h1 hour ago
5-star LB Lyndell Wilson still names the #Gators his leader after visit to #Bama (VIP) https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Alabama-football-recruit-Mack-Wilson-talks-official-Nick-Saban--43108175…

CZklgIXWkAIKMGp.png

6 retweets12 likes

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Crete, I hope your FB philosophy isn't founded on your math skills. I figure that after 40 yards the 4.7 guy is about 10 feet behind the 4.3 speedster. 10 foot arms would be something to behold.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I honestly don't know. There were a couple players that I thought were going to be Gators because they had so many pro Gator tweets. Mack has had a lot of pro Bama tweets. But he seems to really be trending in that direction. So who knows?

Burns is splitting his down the middle between FSU and us.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...so we are in the lead for Wilson?

If so, that would be a huge get for us and Mac. It is a huge need.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...so we are in the lead for Wilson?
According to 247, but who knows what's really inside these kid's minds? Just a day or two ago there was a tweet of him getting Saban to "dab". Maybe he was trolling Saban?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator