JUCO Players w/ UF interest

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I know you're making a snide remark about DC and politics....

However, the point is simple and I laugh when I see threads arguing about how "easy" FSU is or how UF is such a great academic institute. If you live in the state of Florida, having a UF degree "may" help you get a job....IF the hiring manager is a UF grad. If he's an FSU grad or UCF grad or Miami grad or not a UF grad...well, your UF degree probably isn't going to impress them. Sorry, it's the truth.

And look at the title of this thread. It's about JUCO players. Do you really think a kid who very likely was a non-qualifier coming out of HS (so he went to JUCO) is going to sit there and say, "Gee....UF is such a great academic institute...I should go there instead of UGA where I could play right away....just in case I don't end up in the NFL." ?? Hell, no. He's going to say, "I'm going to (Whatever) school because I can play right away....AND very likely have a shot at the NFL."
Not interested in jucos--players are schools. I am interested in Washington. The managing editor of the NYT just admitted the predominance of Ivy Leaguers has biased their coverage and lost contact with real people. The Supreme Court with all ivy is ridiculous. The great public universities-- Berkeley, U of Texas, U of Michigan, Illinois, and increasingly UF, are producing brilliant and creative intellects. The genuflection to Ivy in Washington is silly and a substantial portion of what's wrong with our government. Respect people for character and accomplishments, not for where they went to school. You should not be intimidated by them. I never was.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not interested in jucos--players are schools. I am interested in Washington. The managing editor of the NYT just admitted the predominance of Ivy Leaguers has biased their coverage and lost contact with real people. The Supreme Court with all ivy is ridiculous. The great public universities-- Berkeley, U of Texas, U of Michigan, Illinois, and increasingly UF, are producing brilliant and creative intellects. The genuflection to Ivy in Washington is silly and a substantial portion of what's wrong with our government. Respect people for character and accomplishments, not for where they went to school. You should not be intimidated by them. I never was.

Ummmm.....okay.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You prefer to get HAMMMMMERED before you post, don't you?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is unbelievable. Alabama signed the #1, #2, & #18 OL's in last year's recruiting class (and one of them is projected to start). The rich get richer; Alabama gets commit from #2 JUCO player in the country, 6'7 295lb OT:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...ent-from-nations-no-2-junior-college-prospect

Elliot Baker, a four-star offensive tackle from City College of San Francisco (Calif.), has committed to Alabama during a visit on campus, according to his Twitter account.

Baker had named Alabama his leader for several weeks, but he recently said he almost committed while on an official visit to Oregon one week ago.

The 6-foot-7, 295-pounder is rated the nation’s No. 2 junior college prospect and the No. 2 junior college offensive tackle.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There are a small percentage of recruits where academics do have an impact, but most these kids truly believe they are NFL bound and that they will never need to have a "real" job because they will get rich from playing football.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know you're making a snide remark about DC and politics....

However, the point is simple and I laugh when I see threads arguing about how "easy" FSU is or how UF is such a great academic institute. If you live in the state of Florida, having a UF degree "may" help you get a job....IF the hiring manager is a UF grad. If he's an FSU grad or UCF grad or Miami grad or not a UF grad...well, your UF degree probably isn't going to impress them. Sorry, it's the truth.

And look at the title of this thread. It's about JUCO players. Do you really think a kid who very likely was a non-qualifier coming out of HS (so he went to JUCO) is going to sit there and say, "Gee....UF is such a great academic institute...I should go there instead of UGA where I could play right away....just in case I don't end up in the NFL." ?? Hell, no. He's going to say, "I'm going to (Whatever) school because I can play right away....AND very likely have a shot at the NFL."
I've lived in DC and I certainly agree that most of the folks up there don't know the difference between UF and FSU offhand. At the same time, companies typically have hr departments that research the quality of various universities and use that information to determine where to invest in recruiting. At my company for example we have a policy to offer new graduates from higher tier schools a higher starting salary. We consider UF a higher tier school, but we don't consider FSU one.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
This is unbelievable. Alabama signed the #1, #2, & #18 OL's in last year's recruiting class (and one of them is projected to start). The rich get richer;

in place of....

Report: Elite defensive signee will not enroll at Alabama

Alabama’s No. 1 ranked recruiting class will be short one player this fall as four-star defensive lineman Kendell “Hulk” Jones has failed to qualify academically in Tuscaloosa.

According to Chris Kirschner of SEC Country, Jones has already enrolled in junior college – something his father confirmed to the site.

The 6-foot-5, 375-pound Jones was rated as the nation’s No. 11 defensive tackle prospect and the No. 79 overall recruit in the nation last offseason by 247Sports. The lineman was also a participant in the 2016 Under Armour All-American Game.

With Jones failing to qualify and junior college defensive end signee Jamar King yet to arrive to campus this summer, the Crimson Tide have only brought in two defensive linemen in this year’s class in Raekwon Davis and Terrell Hall.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How fuggin dumb do you have to be in order to fail to qualify for a football scholarship at Bamuh?
IDK, but apparently Manuel's having a hard time getting acceptance to :nole: school. Wasted our time on that kid.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We're not hurting at DE....and we landed a solid JUCO DT, so I'm not too upset about this...but would have been great to land him:

#1 JUCO DE eliminates UF, lists 5 SEC schools in his top 5:

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/its-a-5-team-sec-race-for-nations-no-1-juco-de

Isaiah Buggs will play in the SEC. It’s just a matter of where.

The Mississippi Gulf Coast junior college defensive end released a top five on Wednesday, which included Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and LSU.

My Top 5 (NO ORDER)❗️#GoLive9
Auburn
Alabama
Ole miss
Texas A&M
LSU
Thanks to all the schools for the opportunity!

— Isaiah Buggs (@BigPooh_91) July 6, 2016

Buggs, who reports 22 offers, is rated as the nation’s No. 1 weak-side defensive end and the No. 3 overall junior college transfer. The 4-star prospect included Arkansas, Florida and Georgia in his Top 10 back in April.

LSU seems like the favorite to land the 6-foot-5, 280-pound defensive end with 100 percent of recruiting analysts predicting Buggs to land in Baton Rouge, La., according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
BMF, those are SEC West teams, so proximity seems to be a theme. And we need OL and LB more than DE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator