Recruiting JUCO running back commits

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Big bruiser that can pound and burn it. Could be a help to this thin/inexperienced OL.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have more commits for 2016 now than we had two weeks before 2015 NSD.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorJ;n223153 said:
3 years of eligibility. Nice!
He says he's enrolling in December. So I'm assuming after his second season at CC he'll have 2 years of eligibility left. Or 3 years to play 2.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Bring em all.

But this one is special if he truly believes what he said in that article (paraphrasing) about wanting to do great things for the Gators and to live his life and represent in a respectful manner.

IGTBAFG

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
skyflake;n223101 said:
He's also listed as running a 4.37, but you must take that with a grain of salt. If he is that big and that fast, it's strange that he wasn't more sought after. I think Arizona State was his biggest offer besides Florida. If the measurements are correct, and he has any running ability, it appears UF has got a keeper.

Just to help out, his other offers were from some solid programs, so he had several schools after him..here's a list ASU, CSU Iowa, Iowa State, Washington, Utah State, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisville, Oregon State, Texas A&M, and Alabama ..... plus even though it's at JUCO he has played college ball... kid could be special...here's to hoping :swampqueen:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n223231 said:
Saw the video. Clearly a scatback.
That's what they said about Emit Sh!t. He turned out to be the greatest Gator of all time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Marianna said:
KT hasn't done much at all at UF so that could happen this year in my opinion. Scarlett and Mcgriff are studs who will see a lot of playing time if they know their assignments.

Agree. With this guy coming next year, KT had better brush up on his blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield or he could be pushed to the side. Don't get me wrong, I really want Taylor to have a great career because he's all Gator. McGriff and this guy look to have all the tools.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n223321 said:
Gone where??? He's certainly not ready for the NFL.....

Plenty of people said that about Jones and he went in the third round this year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n223323 said:
Plenty of people said that about Jones and he went in the third round this year.

Jones was picked based on his size and potential of being an all purpose back who will do a lot more blocking and catching the ball than actual carrying. KT doesn't have the size, hands or breakaway speed needed to play in the NFL at this point. Can he get there? Yes but he needs to put on 15# or so and start running with a little more power like his pops did. He is a shifty, one cut back that finds the hole when it's there and he does those things well.....He also can't block a lick at this point which won't help him either trying to get to the next level. That being said, he is one of my favorite players on the team and I want him to have a great career here and beyond.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n223357 said:
Jones was picked based on his size and potential of being an all purpose back who will do a lot more blocking and catching the ball than actual carrying. KT doesn't have the size, hands or breakaway speed needed to play in the NFL at this point. Can he get there? Yes but he needs to put on 15# or so and start running with a little more power like his pops did. He is a shifty, one cut back that finds the hole when it's there and he does those things well.....He also can't block a lick at this point which won't help him either trying to get to the next level. That being said, he is one of my favorite players on the team and I want him to have a great career here and beyond.

I am not saying he doesn't have things to work on, I just believe he will leave early.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
WobbleGator;n223362 said:
I am not saying he doesn't have things to work on, I just believe he will leave early.
I agree. He'll have a break out year and go pro. He should have started over Jones last year but Muschamp loved 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We can certainly use the depth while the freshmen bulk up for SEC play.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Nice. Not likely an area of need for 2016 but I'll sure as hell take it. Now we could use a couple 4* JUCO lineman to come block for him.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
This is great news. We are rebuilding and on our way back to the top and recruits see it and want to be part of it. What a great feeling after so many years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n223504 said:
Nice. Not likely an area of need for 2016 but I'll sure as hell take it. Now we could use a couple 4* JUCO lineman to come block for him.
I hope Mac and Nuss are on the line with every JUCO coach in America and sending them film of our spring game. Surely any mediocre lineman would look at that and think I could start for them tomorrow.

I hope they are not writing run on and on and on and on and on sentences in their correspondence. :)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac likely sold this guy on the Gators by comparing him to the Bama backs: Lacey, Richardson, Ingram and said he would use him in similar fashion. If that's how he got him to commit, I'm all good with that.

However, after looking at his senior tape - his upright running style reminds me of Eric Dickerson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmq06T958w

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sweet! It's nice to see some bigger backs coming our way rather than the scatbacks that we've seemed to rely on in the recent past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator