Just wanted to share

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I'll start with a little back-story. My nephew started bringing a girl from his church to the house for family holiday meals and such. She seemed like a sweet girl to me. Eventually, she turned up pregnant and they decided to get married. The wedding came and went, the two started their lives together. After a while I start hearing all kinds of facts from my niece and my brother that I wasn't aware of. Like she doesn't have a driver's license and won't get one. She also won't work. Not only does she refuse to get a driver's license or work, she won't clean up the house nor will she cook. My Nephew works 12 hour shifts, comes home and has to clean the house and cook his own meals. Meanwhile she goes over to her mom's or her sister's house all day, every day, and has a good ole time.

Fast forward and the baby boy is born. She falls deep into "postpartum depression" (about what I still can't figure out, she certainly has life easy) and moves to her mom's house. So now my nephew hardly gets to see his newborn son and has decided to give up and get the separation/divorce details rolling and I totally can't blame him.

So that brings me up to today. I friended her on facebook because she was my new niece-in-law. This was before I knew what I know now about her. Today she posts this little picture on facebook:

Now I don't think I have to tell you the kind of thoughts that went through my mind. And I will be totally honest and say I seriously considered posting "Leech, parasite, deadbeat all come to mind". However I was good, and simply decided clicking the "unfollow" button was the smartest course of action. Good riddance!

Sorry, I just felt like I needed to share this story, and yes it is 100% true.

Attachments

• conv_3257.jpg
    conv_3257.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 42

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking with your little head can really mess up your life, but it has been happening since the beginning of time. Time to man up.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n225636 said:
That sucks, I hope it works out for your nephew and his son.

Thanks wobs, me too.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n225644 said:
Thoughts are with your nephew, he made a mistake with the wrong girl.

That he did, thanks doug.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n225641 said:
Thinking with your little head can really mess up your life, but it has been happening since the beginning of time. Time to man up.

Manning up, isn't so easy for him. My nephew was born so prematurely that he could literally fit in your hand with room to spare. I'm not sure exactly what the details are but he has limited use of his left side limbs. He can walk with an awkward limp, and can use his left hand/arm, but not like everyone else. It's weak, uncoordinated and malformed. He works hard. Very hard, and always has. He'll do anything he can to help anyone, and will work from sun up to sun down if that's what he has to do to pay the bills. Most of the family figured he'd never meet a girl that would take him seriously because of his limitations and well, frankly, he's just not all that handsome a guy. He's deep into the Carolina redneck culture and that doesn't help attracting a nice girl either. Fewer and fewer girls will tolerate tobacco chewing, curled hat wearing, pick-up truck with the rebel flag in the back window redneck types anymore. Even in the Carolinas, but he's hardheaded to a fault sometimes. Anyway, yeah, he's got a tough row to hoe going forward.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In reading your post, before I even got to the part about the postpartum depression, I had already decided that this girl was clinically depressed. And from the sounds of it it's only going to get worse. Your nephew is lucky to get away from her even with his physical limitations. One can only hope that he can figure out a way to gain primary custody of the little boy. Sorry for not providing a sunnier view. I wish him the best.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n225662 said:
In reading your post, before I even got to the part about the postpartum depression, I had already decided that this girl was clinically depressed. And from the sounds of it it's only going to get worse. Your nephew is lucky to get away from her even with his physical limitations. One can only hope that he can figure out a way to gain primary custody of the little boy. Sorry for not providing a sunnier view. I wish him the best.

We all know he's going to have a rough time going forward no matter what. Thanks for the well wishes. I honestly can't imagine how any court would award her custody given her complete lack of education, motivation, or even potential.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n225669 said:
We all know he's going to have a rough time going forward no matter what. Thanks for the well wishes. I honestly can't imagine how any court would award her custody given her complete lack of education, motivation, or even potential.

You'd be surprised. Sorry your nephew is in this position.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
'Horrific' is the one word that came to mind for her (one that's GCMB safe anyway). That's a tough deal, man.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
I also hope your nephew finds a way forward in this mess. But I also wonder about your Brother. Hope he's finding his way too in this mess.

From what you've described your nephew has it rough right now. I only hope it doesn't get worse if this girl decides to lawyer up and soak him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n225677 said:
I also hope your nephew finds a way forward in this mess. But I also wonder about your Brother. Hope he's finding his way too in this mess.

From what you've described your nephew has it rough right now. I only hope it doesn't get worse if this girl decides to lawyer up and soak him.

I'm no lawyer, but I would think it would be difficult to "soak" him for much. He's dirt poor and she lived with her parents before they got married and moved into his home to live with him. Everything in the home was his when she moved in and as far as I know, she had nothing of her own to bring with her other than maybe some clothes. They've also been living together, while married and a little bit before that for only about 6 months or so. Without a job to contribute to the household, I don't see what she could claim ownership of other than her half of the wedding gifts. Again, I'm no lawyer though so I could definitely be wrong about that. Guess we'll find out in about a year since NC has laws in place so you are required to be separated for a full year before you can file for divorce.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n225692 said:
:facepalm:

I'm at a total loss for words that are "safe" as well. Pray for wisdom.

:lol: No worries 2bag, I know he's a redneck idiot. This post was more about her, and how she's apparently been raised to think it's perfectly normal to not drive, work, cook, or clean. Kids these days.:facepalm:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That sucks nav, sorry to hear that about your nephew. Despite being a redneck and what not, it sounds like hes a really good and hard working kid who definitely doesn't deserve that crappy hand, nor does his child. The good news is that he's hardworking and dedicated. He'll be alright and pull through b/c of that, and be all the better toughened up for it. As for her, sadly you and every other tax payer in the state will end up supporting her sorry azz, and thats probably just what she's going for. Hopefully he can get custody, otherwise the child is doomed to be worthless scum just like its mother.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks everybody. I needed to get this off my chest more than anything but your kind words are definitely appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator