Kentucky & whether or not Florida is truly southern

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know where you live, and it ain't Kentucky
I can see them across the river. They invade from time to time. Half of our "beltway" is in Kentucky. Our airport is in Kentucky.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland? I’d rethink that. I mean I never heard anyone say I’m going to Cleveland on vacation. What’s so good about Cleveland?
joakim noah GIF by Florida Gators

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Cleveland? I’d rethink that. I mean I never heard anyone say I’m going to Cleveland on vacation. What’s so good about Cleveland?

Listen, I think you’re great. I even asked for a second windbreaker for you. But you live in LA. So I kinda assumed you’d just sit this one out altogether, or you know, maybe start a diversionary topic like “Hey, am I the only one that still likes Mr Pibb?” or something.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The truth is Kentucky is more "south" than Florida is. Florida isn't really south at all. The panhandle is redneck but its not really southern. Bourbon and horses are better than meth heads and Florida man. That's for sure :lol:
Dude... you cant walk a block without tripping over a methhead in Kintucky.

Unless you are in Louisville and getting shot by bangers who invaded from Chicago.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The truth is Kentucky is more "south" than Florida is. Florida isn't really south at all. The panhandle is redneck but its not really southern. Bourbon and horses are better than meth heads and Florida man. That's for sure :lol:

Both states have areas that don’t really belong with the other. As Law said, north Kentucky is practically Ohio and it also borders ILL for goodness sake. Combo of midwest/Appalachia/Yinzer culture. No different than I4 being the separation point in FL. Plenty of actual south here.

And meth, drug problems? Yeah none of that in Kentucky.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Both states have areas that don’t really belong with the other. As Law said, north Kentucky is practically Ohio and it also borders ILL for goodness sake. Combo of midwest/Appalachia/Yinzer culture. No different than I4 being the separation point in FL. Plenty of actual south here.

Yeah I'm gonna disagree. I've lived in 3/4 of the southern states at 1 point or another. Florida isnt southern, it's just a state with beaches, hicks and northeast transplants. And Florida man, lots of Florida man.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Well, only in the part that’s most authentically Kentucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.