Kevin Love traded to the Cavaliers

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Corey Brewer wasn't part of this trade. But I still think they're an automatic contender in the East

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n25452 said:
Corey Brewer wasn't part of this trade. But I still think they're an automatic contender in the East

They should be the favorites to win the East now.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...aliers-minnesota-timberwolves-agreement-place

The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pickAnthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, according to ESPN and media reports.
ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported Monday that the Cavs and Timberwolves have a "handshake agreement" for a Love trade. Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Love has committed to to opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with Cleveland next summer five years and $120 million-plus.
The trade cannot be finalized until Aug. 23.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't watch too much NBA...but Cleveland is now interesting to me to see how this plays out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Cavs are doing exactly what the Heat did when they brought in James and Bosh. Looks great right now, but where will they be in 3-4 years after trading away the top picks from the last 2 drafts? Remains to be seen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n25670 said:
The Cavs are doing exactly what the Heat did when they brought in James and Bosh. Looks great right now, but where will they be in 3-4 years after trading away the top picks from the last 2 drafts? Remains to be seen.

Kyrie Irving and Kevin love will still be pretty young. And they are both proven all stars. No guarantee that Wiggins will ever bbe great. I can promise Anthony Bennett.Bennett is considered the worst number one pick of the 20 years. The Cavs picked up a 25 year old power forward who averages 26 and 12. The Cavs easily won this trade.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Hater

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n25953 said:
Kyrie Irving and Kevin love will still be pretty young. And they are both proven all stars. No guarantee that Wiggins will ever bbe great. I can promise Anthony Bennett.Bennett is considered the worst number one pick of the 20 years. The Cavs picked up a 25 year old power forward who averages 26 and 12. The Cavs easily won this trade.
They definitely did well and they'll probably be fine in 3-4 assuming LeBron doesn't leave them at the alter again. Still, they probably could have given up less if they had waited until closer to the trade deadline. Of course that would give the team less time to gel this season.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
MJMGator;n25670 said:

Been stationed in Cleveland for 8 of the past 10 years and I listen to the local sports talk radio from time to time. Considering what's happened in Cleveland for countless decades, just ONE nba title and the fans here won't care about 3-4 years down the road. They want a winner NOW.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As soon as i seen Bill Simmons i quit reading. He has no business covering the nba. Zero basketball knowledge

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
South Floridian and Heat fan here. As long as you've to Lebron, some cap room and an owner willing and smart enough to build around, you're going to have a contender. The Cavalier owner was smart enough to come to South Florida and ask Lebron to pull down his pants so he could kiss is *ss directly.

They'll be contenders every year for the next 7-8 years. Bet they will at least one title during that time. Lebron is the best player in his generation.

I'll tell you something else though - They might as well change the name of the franchise to Lebron's Cavalier's right now. He's going to be the coach as well as the personnel decision-maker for the rest of his time in the NBA.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ppinesgator;n27113 said:
South Floridian and Heat fan here. As long as you've to Lebron, some cap room and an owner willing and smart enough to build around, you're going to have a contender. The Cavalier owner was smart enough to come to South Florida and ask Lebron to pull down his pants so he could kiss is *ss directly.

They'll be contenders every year for the next 7-8 years. Bet they will at least one title during that time. Lebron is the best player in his generation.

I'll tell you something else though - They might as well change the name of the franchise to Lebron's Cavalier's right now. He's going to be the coach as well as the personnel decision-maker for the rest of his time in the NBA.

Sadly, I think you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.