LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I talked with a former high school coach
of one of our best player. I can't mention either of their names. The player assured him LDR will be the starter against Michigan. He said Zaire would see action. And Franks is upset with the Zaire situation. This coach has remained in close contact with his former player. I hate to hear this.

Bob Redman is saying he thinks its down to Franks and LDR and not to discount LDR winning the job even though he thinks Franks is ahead a little bit now. He seems to think Zaire isn't going to be up to speed by the Michigan game since he has only been in the system a few weeks. He thinks 2 QBs will see action in the game however.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know a guy who knows a guy who dated this one chick who is good friends with another chick that walks her dog in a neighborhood where it is rumored that Clarabelle peed on a sprinkler head that says that Clarabelle peed the initials MZ so that SHOULD give us an indication as to who the starter will be at QB...

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
LDR is starting. I said he would start if he was healthy. He's healthy. He's starting. Urg is in denial. That's OK. Insanity makes you do that. And wouldn't starting him be insane?
I don't think he will last very long into the season having had 2 injured shoulders. I just don't see him holding up unless the OL can protect him very well.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...quarterback-battle-feleipe-franks-malik-zaire

“I don’t know how Coach Mac [Jim McElwain] and Coach [Doug] Nussmeier are going to do it, but I really think Felipe has a lot of talent,” Spurrier said on the podcast. “He’s 6-foot-5, beautiful throwing motion just watching him in practice a lot last year and a little bit this year. Malik is an athlete back there but a good thrower also. We know about Luke Del Rio, good solid player. I don’t know how it’s going to turn out, I’m sure they’ll have some scrimmages and that will be a big reason whoever I think they go with, the scrimmages coming up.”
Feiipe "lot of talent" "beautiful throwing motion", Malik an" athlete", "good thrower". Luke Del Rio ," good solid player".

I think we can tell where LDR falls in Spurrier's estimation, given the fact he will be PC and polite in his public evaluations.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Feiipe "lot of talent" "beautiful throwing motion", Malik an" athlete", "good thrower". Luke Del Rio ," good solid player".

I think we can tell where LDR falls in Spurrier's estimation, given the fact he will be PC and polite in his public evaluations.

He's like Brindise. But a dipshït.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys kill me. Why are you surprised?

Why do you think Butters and Nusschump are going to do anything materially different than what he has done all along?

He says things like "playing within themselves" (whatever that means) and "taking what the defense gives you because eventually they will give you the game". THAT IS HIS OFFENSE. We have seen his offense. He want's to punt alot and hope for the defense to screw up. He says it. His QBs say it. It's what we are going to get so long as this guy is here.

In his best seasons now at two schools over 6 years, he is, at best, a 4 loss coach and we are never going to do much different than what we are doing. Yeah, he probably wants to run better and hit more of our dink and dunks but you guys imagining that we hired Spurrier are stoned.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You guys kill me. Why are you surprised?

Why do you think Butters and Nusschump are going to do anything materially different than what he has done all along.
Orange and blue glasses along with too much alcohol.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I'm reminded of SOS's assessment of Bobby Sablehaus: "I can teach them to throw or where to throw it. Not both". Or something to that effect.

If Franks has the tools, I'd much rather suffer while watching him learn & grow than play it safe with a glorified walk-on.

Even in the context of this one season, this game isn't going to decide anything. How safe do we need to play it?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's real simple for me...

Both QB's could lose you games with poor decision making and errant throws. Only one of the QB's has an arm that could possibly win you the game and that's not Del Taco.

Go with the guy who has upside. Not the guy whose best throw is a five-yard crossing route.
Delrio's best throw is the hand off

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He couldn't lace brindice's jock strap
Brindise was terrible. Not as terrible as Sabelhaus but he was terrible.

Brindise truly did basically handoff. Most of he walkons we've had recently, Provancha, Guy, etc were all far better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brindise was terrible. Not as terrible as Sabelhaus but he was terrible.

Brindise truly did basically handoff. Most of he walkons we've had recently, Provancha, Guy, etc were all far better.

Yeah but we beat fsu with getting some play so he's cool in my book. Plus he was pretty open about how he thinks mac sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.