Lester's On the Move Again

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
"I'm looking for a place dedicated to the players' achievement in the classroom and that wants to win championships," said Miles, who turned down television offers after his dismissal at LSU. "If there's an athletic director and president that wants to do that, I'm in line."

If Jimbo goes to LSU, I guess a flip flop to FSU is out of the question.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I am just still basking in the glow of the Cubbies championship, but when you posted Lester's on the move... I was thinking about Jon Lester and you scared me!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I am just still basking in the glow of the Cubbies championship, but when you posted Lester's on the move... I was thinking about Jon Lester and you scared me!
Me too :lol:
If I were a middling to decent program I would hire miles

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If I were a middling to decent program I would hire miles

Absolutely... I could see Houston trying to hire him after they lose Herman to UT... Miles can still recruit and if he gets a good offensive coordinator he can be dangerous.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id fire Mullen to hire Miles at Cowbell. They both give you shytty offfenses but Miles brings great recruiting and strong defenses.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miles is definitely being under valued as a recruiter . LSU fans think that Louisiana players are gonna stay home no matter what and no matter who the coach is. As we've seem first hand, that's not the case. look where that line of thinking got us. Someone's gonna land a good recruiter with les miles thats for sure.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Id fire Mullen to hire Miles at Cowbell. They both give you shytty offfenses but Miles brings great recruiting and strong defenses.
I still can't figure out why Miles had trouble with offense. They always had great players. I wouldn't go to Mississippi if I was him. He should be able to do better. But I will admit, I'm a tad biased against Mississippi.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Les has to look for jobs based on the conditions of his buyout. If he finds one, they subtract his new salary from the amount they are paying out. They buyout is also paid out over twice his remaining contract period at half the rate. So if he gets a job making half as much as he made at lsu, they won't owe him anything.

Hopefully our new AD is taking notes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He'll get a job somewhere and make a lot of fans happy. I like Les, as long as he ain't coaching the team we're playing. Crazy fake kicking jerk...:banghead:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Yeah that would be a good hire for Missy State but I don't think Les would do it. If he couldn't consistently beat Saban with LSU talent he's not going to do it with Cowbell talent. Going to Houston (assuming it comes open) seems like a better choice. Easier schedule with the possibility of rejoining the B12 if they add UH...or he can bide his time for a little while at Houston and then take over at Tennessee when they run Butch or take over at Oklahoma if Big Game Bob tries his hand in the NFL. Either way, heading back to the SEC West with a mid level or worse program while Saban is still there is a bad move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.