Let's blame the person for the position we are in

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
And that man is Jeremy Foley. With his stubbornness and arrogance he has single handedly held this program back. Him cutting edges on the football program so he could better every other school is what has set us back. Us being a top 5 program being behind almost every rival and SEC team in facilities has set us back. The fact our staff salary is middle of the pact has set us back. The fact he thinks he can get cute with his head coach hires or give a man another year he didn't deserve has set us back.

Lets just say Scott Striklin, the pressure is on. Make UF Great again. Obviously Mac will get another year but give him the $ for the staff he wants and lets see what he can do. If he fails next year like many of us believe then get rid of him and open up that check book for Chip Kelly. This is a crucial time for the program. What is yall thoughts?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You need thousands of likes.

There is one man responsible for all of this.

c4s_foley111714_14230220_8col.jpg

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep Foley thinking he was smarter than everyone else has hurt us in football since 2009.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep Foley thinking he was smarter than everyone else has hurt us in football since 1994.
FIFY. Our facilities have been neglected since the beginning. Facilities ran off Lon Kruger. Billy D was promised facilities in 2000 and played a big part in his frustrations with UF. Football is basically stuck in the 80s, except for a trophy room and now the IPF. Notice that our facilities aren't ever posted on the website like the other SEC teams do to improve their images.

He sucked from the beginning.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You had all the way until "Chip Kelly". Replace that with XXX and you get 5 stars, 3 clovers, and seven rainbows.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
You had all the way until "Chip Kelly". Replace that with XXX and you get 5 stars, 3 clovers, and seven rainbows.

Lmao hey man I'm just for making a splash hire, a name that will get ppl talking about UF in a positive way not just "They are one QB away" same mumbo jumbo we hear EVERY single year since Tebow lol

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yep Foley thinking he was smarter than everyone else has hurt us in football since 2009.

If I may, let's be clear, Fooley's plan to bring the football team to it knees started in 2002. The day they hired Zook, I came up my my current screen name on another board. For a guy who said he was always prepared for an SOS departure, he had 2 names on his list, neither of which were viable options. #1 was Mike Shanahan, who at the time was coming off 2 recent super bowls and was the highest paid coach in the NFL with a clause that said he would always be in the top 5 of pay while with Denver. #2 Bob Stoops. Recent off of a Nat'l Ch. at OU, he had a better job. Better pay, better facilities, much longer history and tradition. So since Fooley was totally oblivious he panicked, and hired a guy who can't mop a floor. the rest is history. Hiring head football coaches takes talent. Fooley's record speaks for itself in that dept.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So since Fooley was totally oblivious he panicked, and hired a guy
He hired the guy he always wanted all along, his ole buddy. The guy he said was the real recruiter on the staff. The one who just deserved his shot and got unfairly demoted, over Fooley's objections, by SOS after only losing a dozen or so games because of his bend defenses. The guy that Fooley publicly (and somewhat often) credited with creating SOS' seven championships and later credited with landing the talent that caused CUM's two championships.

The first two chats were just window dressing, a tip of the cap to the top tier coaches to ease the pressure from the Bull Gators.

Fooley hired who he always intended to hire.

He SHOULD HAVE been fired when he got off the plane with that clown Ron Zook in tow.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If y'all want more reason to Hate Foley and his cheapness.

If nothing else, and I fully expect that Mac has reached his pinnacle, building a competent football operations staff should make it easier to get a top tier coach next time.

Every other SEC team took that 20 mil per year SECN contract money and spent like crazy on the program.

Fooley gave himself a raise (to twice what Bammer's AD makes) and put the rest in the bank.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see that the blame the recruiting on the lack of sufficient staffers was in preparation for the bad news we are getting today and probably the additional we get in the next few days. The echoing from these three blowouts isn't over yet.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He hired the guy he always wanted all along, his ole buddy. The guy he said was the real recruiter on the staff. The one who just deserved his shot and got unfairly demoted, over Fooley's objections, by SOS after only losing a dozen or so games because of his bend defenses. The guy that Fooley publicly (and somewhat often) credited with creating SOS' seven championships and later credited with landing the talent that caused CUM's two championships.

The first two chats were just window dressing, a tip of the cap to the top tier coaches to ease the pressure from the Bull Gators.

Fooley hired who he always intended to hire.

He SHOULD HAVE been fired when he got off the plane with that clown Ron Zook in tow.

I don't know what Foley said publically or privately about this, but the UAA actions led by Foley made it clear they thought it was them the AD and the UAA who were more responsible for UF's success than Spurrier. Spurrier made it look so easy, they were sure whomever they got would just continue on.

They were wrong, but not completely wrong. As McElwain has shown and Muschamp and Zook also showed, you can be pretty good at UF and not be that good of a coach. What Foley failed to ever understand is that it takes a special guy to get that 11th or 12th win and to win consistently like that year in and year out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator Nation is calling for offense so I am giving it to them.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You sure its an easy fix when our image has been impacted negatively for a while?
Yes. Will take work, but my goodness. The problem is under staffed. Simple solution. No way you can do that job with that few people.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Foley can also lay claim to losing 2 HOF football coaches on his watch. Will Bama ever lose Saban or any other head coach they want to keep? The answer is NO, cause they will pay him and his staff what they want. Get him the facilities he wants, and the support staff he wants. Hell I even read that the boosters at Bama paid off Sabans mortgage. Foley was a cheap POS and we'll be playing catchup for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator