Like standing in front of a bus running 70 mph

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Eric (Butterbean) Esch is a colorful heavyweight fighter known as The King of the Four Rounders.

Esch made his mark as a Toughman Champion, winning no less then 5-Toughman Titles. After reportedly compiling a toughman record of 47-5 (36 knockouts), Esch made his professional boxing debut.

Esch ran up an impressive string of wins, mostly by knockout before being stopped in two rounds by club-fighter Mitchell Rose. The Butterbean took the loss with a shrug of his 350 pound shoulders, and went on the road, barnstorming around the United States.

Esch won 51 consecutive matches, with his best win over Peter McNeeley. After losing to a nondescript heavyweight, Esch fought his first 10 rounder; losing a decision to former world heavyweight champion Larry Holmes.

As a sidelight, Butterbean has also competed in mixed matches. He knocked out professional wrestlers Bart Gunn and Marc Mero in Wrestle Mania, "Shoot-fighting matches".

Esch fought in Japan's K-1 kickboxing matches and went 1-5. However, in Mixed Martial Arts, the Butterbean has earned a modest 9-3-1(4 knockouts) log.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually watched this with my son about a month ago. We were looking at some clips of greatest fighters and somehow went down a butterbean rabbit hole.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually watched this with my son about a month ago. We were looking at some clips of greatest fighters and somehow went down a butterbean rabbit hole.

You have to remember that Butterbean came from the Tuff Man spectacles. He was this huge badass untrained brawler that was a promoter's dream. He was willing and able to take a serious ass whuppin to get that one shot.
He reminded me a lot of one of the toughest guys I ever knew. Kenny at 14 was this quiet, friendly, rotund (not fat ) redheaded kid that was beating the snot out of some pretty big guys much older than him. He never instigated trouble but his reputation got him challenged pretty frequently.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You have to remember that Butterbean came from the Tuff Man spectacles. He was this huge badass untrained brawler that was a promoter's dream. He was willing and able to take a serious ass whuppin to get that one shot.
He reminded me a lot of one of the toughest guys I ever knew. Kenny at 14 was this quiet, friendly, rotund (not fat ) redheaded kid that was beating the snot out of some pretty big guys much older than him. He never instigated trouble but his reputation got him challenged pretty frequently.

Here’s one of the videos we watched:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"The 275 pound heavyweight from Texas never boxed again." :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.