Lindy's Magazine: SEC Coach Critical of UF Offense

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Obviously, we don't know who made these comments...but still interesting.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/SEC-coach-critical-of-Florida-footballs-offense-45592689

SEC coach critical of Florida football's offense

The Lindy’s College Football Southeastern edition again features comments from opposing coaches on each team, and the section on Florida includes comments from an unnamed coach in the conference on the 2016 Gators:

"Florida won't be as good as last year. They might not finish as high as third. They lost their quarterback (Will Grier transferred). They grew with Grier last year, now they're back to Ground Zero. They don't have the same depth and numbers of potential explosive guys on both sides of the ball that they've had in the past. It's surprising, considering the state of Florida has so many skill position players. But a little bit of it is affected by the ebb and flow of FSU and Miami. If you look at history, those three schools trade back and forth, stockpiling elite players. In the last couple of years, it's been FSU."

While the coach was down on the offense, he thinks the defense will be OK despite losing a lot of talented players on that side of the ball.

"They lost a lot of talent on defense, but they are well coached and they always have talent, particularly on defense. Jim McElwain will find a way to run the football to make his defense even better."

The publication predicts Florida will finish third in the SEC East and has them ranked No. 31 nationally for the 2016 season.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Bitch Jones is that you again?

****...preseason predictions are worthless.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was in the checkout line yesterday at the grocery store. The man in front of me had on a Gamecock shirt and hat. I lol'ed. Fuk all the other SEC coaches.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Prime example of literary spontaneous generation, i.e.: much ado about nothing.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well the worst part about our offense from last year isn't back this year, so we've got that going for us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier showed flashes of brilliance, emphasis on flashes. If that's growing, Del Rio and Appleby stand to make us look like the Green Giant.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My money's on Smart, Freeze or Bielema as the owner of those quotes.

Pretty safe to say you can rule out Vandy or Uk as they tend be a little more humble through the offseason. Too many flowing sentences without coach speak for it to be Jones. Saban would never prop up fsu considering how many big names they've gone and are going head to head for. Muschamp would effectively be criticizing his own offensive recruiting, which we all know he's too arrogant to do. Sumlin has his own issues and it doesn't sound like Mullen or Gus, imo.

Smart is trying to instill a radical change in athens, as I think he knows he's under immense pressure, and seems cocky enough to spout off like that. Freeze is still stinging from the beating we gave him and would naturally want to assign all glory to the QB that lit him up that night but who is also no longer there. And Brett is just naturally drawn to reporters (and Buffalo Wild Wings) where he can stir things up.

In any event, I love how they dismiss everything that we accomplished last year. As Sas pointed out, the fact that we even went 5-3(5 of which were non-home games) with a player at QB who's not even considered to be in the mix at that position this season, says a lot. For that matter, at this point last year, we were going 6-6 or worse because all we had was Treon and a kid who'd never taken a collegiate snap, not to mention the well-chronicled OL issue. Now, that same QB was all we had? Rinse and repeat, I guess.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On the other hand, the writer could be leading us on that he interviewed an opposing coach. He probably interviewed himself in the shower.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My money is on Bielema for those type of comments

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unnamed coach could be an assistant.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we will see what this team is made of come 9/24/16. We should be ranked about 20 and UT will be top 10.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's Muschamp... The whole statement about how the offense has lost a ton of talent at the skill positions comment could only be made by Muschamp... Bc he's the only one that believes we had a ton of talent at the skill positions.

Every other coach knew we were a disaster with no depth at offensive line and skill positions.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
***** Jones is that you again?

****...preseason predictions are worthless.

I think they are fun and I think this is a UK coach. They think they have as much talent as UF. I heard some idiot homer yesterday claiming to be a journalist talking about how UK should have beaten UF the last two years.

UF has plenty of talent particularly at WR. That fact that the quoted moron does not know that is a sign of why he is a coach at a place like UK.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"They lost a lot of talent on defense, but they are well coached and they always have talent, particularly on defense. Jim McElwain will find a way to run the football to make his defense even better."

Bielema or Smart for sure. I would bet Bielema.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Bielema or Smart for sure. I would bet Bielema.

I don't think it's either. I think it's one of the teams we played while Grier was still starting. So, UK, UT, or Missouri?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My money's on Smart, Freeze or Bielema as the owner of those quotes.

Pretty safe to say you can rule out Vandy or Uk as they tend be a little more humble through the offseason. Too many flowing sentences without coach speak for it to be Jones. Saban would never prop up fsu considering how many big names they've gone and are going head to head for. Muschamp would effectively be criticizing his own offensive recruiting, which we all know he's too arrogant to do. Sumlin has his own issues and it doesn't sound like Mullen or Gus, imo.

Smart is trying to instill a radical change in athens, as I think he knows he's under immense pressure, and seems cocky enough to spout off like that. Freeze is still stinging from the beating we gave him and would naturally want to assign all glory to the QB that lit him up that night but who is also no longer there. And Brett is just naturally drawn to reporters (and Buffalo Wild Wings) where he can stir things up.

In any event, I love how they dismiss everything that we accomplished last year. As Sas pointed out, the fact that we even went 5-3(5 of which were non-home games) with a player at QB who's not even considered to be in the mix at that position this season, says a lot. For that matter, at this point last year, we were going 6-6 or worse because all we had was Treon and a kid who'd never taken a collegiate snap, not to mention the well-chronicled OL issue. Now, that same QB was all we had? Rinse and repeat, I guess.

My guess would be its Smart that said it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wellll ... the only coach of anonymous worth = Mushscamp ??

In my poems I strive for highest celebrity
But really I'm best known for my anonymity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator