Looks like Driskel is the starter at bLAh Tech

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n247597 said:
It was Peterson's offense. Pease and harsins were disciple s of his. Harsins just stepped into a better situation qb wise at Texas and his career took off from there. Pease ran into muschamp and driskel.

Was Pease a disciple of Petersen at Kentucky or Baylor? You could make the argument that Harsin and Petersen were disciples of Hawkins. That would be a valid argument. But Pease doesn't fit you disciple argument, he didn't join the club until he was already coaching for 15 years, and 4 stops before hand.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's obvious the last few years have been seriously, mentally traumatizing to many of you. JD, continuing to rent space in your heads.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n247615 said:
It's obvious the last few years have been seriously, mentally traumatizing to many of you. JD, continuing to rent space in your heads.

some people have a lot of vacant space, so it's no loss.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
In summary, there has been much suckage surrounding our football program over the last few years.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n247621 said:
In summary, there has been much suckage surrounding our football program over the last few years.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Affirmative.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n247612 said:
Was Pease a disciple of Petersen at Kentucky or Baylor? You could make the argument that Harsin and Petersen were disciples of Hawkins. That would be a valid argument. But Pease doesn't fit you disciple argument, he didn't join the club until he was already coaching for 15 years, and 4 stops before hand.
At Kentucky and Baylor he was a young coach with **** talent. He spent 7 years in the boise system, how many times do you think they had games where they only called 10 or 11 pass plays there? My point is we don't know how good of a coach he is because muschamp kept his hands tied. What we do know is he's struggled when he's in a bad situation and thrived in in a good situation. I can't imagine an offensive coordinator being successful working for muschamp and coaching driskel.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n247635 said:
At Kentucky and Baylor he was a young coach with **** talent. He spent 7 years in the boise system, how many times do you think they had games where they only called 10 or 11 pass plays there? My point is we don't know how good of a coach he is because muschamp kept his hands tied. What we do know is he's struggled when he's in a bad situation and thrived in in a good situation. I can't imagine an offensive coordinator being successful working for muschamp and coaching driskel.

For the sake of argument how long does a coach have to be coaching before you say they are no longer a young coach? He joined the Boise system after 15 years of coaching and 4 previous stops. So was he a young coach with no knowledge going in to Boise state with 15 years of coaching 10 years of being an offensive coordinator at that point (5 years in D1). Do we really know how much Muschamp handcuffed Pease? I'm not saying Muschamp didn't have input, I believe he did. But it's not like he was calling the plays.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pease sucked. Muschamp sucked. Tim Davis sucked. Driskel sucked. There were no other QBs on the roster. A recipe for a total disaster.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n247644 said:
Pease sucked. Muschamp sucked. Tim Davis sucked. Driskel sucked. There were no other QBs on the roster. A recipe for a total disaster.

^Agreed

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n247643 said:
I see the dead horse has been resurrected into a bloodthirsty zombie

Dead Period of the offseason.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
But seriously, Muschamp and Driskel were both pretty hyped coming in; there were high expectations for the most part and they both failed miserably. I think their weaknesses exaggerated each other--just a bad combination at a bad time. And as most have noted, Driskel did not have the right mind set for the game. He needed his legs and was never the same after the injury in the Tennessee game. It was clearly a mental block; he became afraid of the one thing he could do best--use his legs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n247639 said:
But it's not like he was calling the plays.

Muschamp may not have been calling the plays but he was damn sure calling run or pass .

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n247665 said:
Muschamp may not have been calling the plays but he was damn sure calling run or pass .

T you're reaching.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n247683 said:
T you're reaching.
How am I reaching? Are you telling me Kurt roper would have called 6 pass plays against Georgia last year if he had full reigns?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n247689 said:
How am I reaching? Are you telling me Kurt roper would have called 6 pass plays against Georgia last year if he had full reigns?

With the way the rushing game was working and how much your favorite slot receiver was throwing in that game. YES. T are you saying that Harris is now you favorite to win the starting quarterback job?

Average 7 yards per rush, 4.5 yards per pass. Which would you do more of, especially when Georgia isn't defending the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator