Louisville AD Even Slimier than Petrino/Pitino?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They played the AD's comments on ESPN radio this morning, then a Petrino claiming he didn't know anything about it (which was recorded earlier). That place is a cess pool.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone catch all of the Spurrier interview on Mike and Mike about this subject this morning? I only hear the first few minutes.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Did anyone catch all of the Spurrier interview on Mike and Mike about this subject this morning? I only hear the first few minutes.

I have to say it was not Steve's finest moment. They asked him about how he would handle receiving information from someone inside another program. He recounted the Ron Zook--UT story from the early 90's and said he and Doug Dickey (then UT's AD) just laughed it off...."we already knew those plays". He then talked about stealing signals on the sideline and how it was standard practice and it was up to the opposition to prevent that from happening.

Both Greenberg and Booger McFarland kept pressing as to what would he do if he was offered clandestine information and he twice said "well, I would probably contact the other coach afterward and let them know". It was clear they were looking for him to say that he would immediately tell the other program what had occurred and he did not take that stand. You could tell they were expecting him to take a harder line. I have to say I would have expected more from SOS. In my opinion, he sounded like a member of the good ole boy network and he really didn't come out and say what they did at Wake Forest was categorically wrong. (Someone else might interpret his comments differently).

They moved on to the playoff and he said he thought conference championships should matter and that Penn State had a legitimate gripe about being left out in favor of OSU. Said he had talked to Franklin at the recent award show.

Didn't hear the last segment.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This is so unsurprising to me b/c knowing the state of KY as I do and being very familiar with U of L, I have always been of the opinion that Jurich is the biggest whore out there. And that opinion has only been solidified in the past few years. Look, after Petrino had secret interviews with Auburn, LSU, the Falcons, etc. when he was first the HC at UofL, he denied it all but left anyway. Then after all of Petrino's lies with the Falcons and his BS at ARK, Jurich hired him back ASAP. More recently, the basketball team and its living quarters were running rampant with parties and hookers 24/7. Well guess what? No one knew anything, not Pitino, not Jurich, no one. So who took the fall? The president of the Univ. got waxed!!!. Not saying the the Prez is not responsible, but for Jurich to get by w/o any reprimand was laughable. Jurich is what he is!!!!!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WF's coaching staff are idiots for allowing a member of the media that much access to begin with.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
WF's coaching staff are idiots for allowing a member of the media that much access to begin with.

This is standard operating procedure. The game broadcasters have far more access than the "beat reporters". This guy was a member of "their" broadcast crew....basically a part of the football program at large. It is completely normal for these guys to attend practice, not just the open sessions for the print guys. They generally know about trick plays, special packages for a specific game, etc.

The shocking element is that such an insider would betray the program like this. I think only the most paranoid coaching staff would be suspicious of the home broadcast team. That will not be the case going forward. I'm sure this will result in tighter restrictions for team broadcasters in the future. Less insight from the announcers is the likely outcome.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So Jurich is "Winning at all costs"...then giving everyone the middle finger when questioned about it? Wish we could of hired him :lol: All bull$hit aside...I bet this type of crap happens alot more than anyone knows/ wants to believe nowadays.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Uh... yeah.... so what. You study game film of your opponent; you already know the base plays that they run 90% of the time. Stopping them is a totally different problem. You can have all the intel available on a team and still get your azz run over. The better team usually wins regardless of who knew what when.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Have you read the story? He was a former player and coach. He was not retained by the new coach, Clawson, and hired to be one of the WF radio guys. He knew everyone in the athletic program. He was no outsider. Likely sour grapes for not being retained.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is really interesting especially since I seem to recall several posters on this board stating that we should have gone after Jurich as our AD and Petrino as our coach.
As you all know, I have advocated UF lowering their "moral standards" in recruiting somewhat but this is down right dishonest behavior that speaks to the core person.
These guys are scum plain and simple.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
WINNING!!!
Exactly, Louisville like Bama, Auburn, and Fsu will do whatever it takes to win and they don't apologize for it. They also get away with it, so why the hell do we always try to take the moral high ground and play by the rules, just to remain average. Tired of watching everyone else bend rules and get away with it. We're going to have to start getting our hands a little dirty if we want to compete with the big boys annually in today's college football.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, Louisville like Bama, Auburn, and Fsu will do whatever it takes to win and they don't apologize for it. They also get away with it, so why the hell do we always try to take the moral high ground and play by the rules, just to remain average. Tired of watching everyone else bend rules and get away with it. We're going to have to start getting our hands a little dirty if we want to compete with the big boys annually in today's college football.

My point exactly. If there are no ramifications to "cheating" , then how is it cheating?

It appears to me to be the way the system works so adapt and comply or fade away

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would take Jurich, Petrino, and Pitino in a second. I would flush Donkey and Co so fast his ears would be flapping in the wind as he spun around the toilet.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
- Bruce Feldman on Wakeyleaks: “You can run down a litany of things that are dubious related to Bobby Petrino, but it’s his boss, Tom Jurich, who looks so much worse here. You’d need a two-hour show for all the dubious things he’s signed off on, whether it’s the basketball program or football. The damning part was the last line of the statement was so tone-deaf and off-base, basically ‘How dare you bother us during bowl prep, yeah, we probably cheated, but.’ If the Oakland Raiders were a college athletic department, they would be run by Tom Jurich, because it’s all about winning and he doesn’t make any pretenses about ethical behavior or moral high ground, because we see it time and time again under Tom Jurich’s watch. When it popped up in the statement, he really said this and signed off on it?"

- Booger McFarland on Louisville: “They made it worse. When you cut through the jargon, they said, ‘We cheated, we know we cheated, but even thought we cheated, we really didn’t gain a big advantage while cheating. If you don’t mind, leave us alone, stop bugging us and allow us to prepare for our bowl game.’ That’s basically what he said.”

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
- Bruce Feldman on Wakeyleaks: “You can run down a litany of things that are dubious related to Bobby Petrino, but it’s his boss, Tom Jurich, who looks so much worse here. You’d need a two-hour show for all the dubious things he’s signed off on, whether it’s the basketball program or football. The damning part was the last line of the statement was so tone-deaf and off-base, basically ‘How dare you bother us during bowl prep, yeah, we probably cheated, but.’ If the Oakland Raiders were a college athletic department, they would be run by Tom Jurich, because it’s all about winning and he doesn’t make any pretenses about ethical behavior or moral high ground, because we see it time and time again under Tom Jurich’s watch. When it popped up in the statement, he really said this and signed off on it?"

- Booger McFarland on Louisville: “They made it worse. When you cut through the jargon, they said, ‘We cheated, we know we cheated, but even thought we cheated, we really didn’t gain a big advantage while cheating. If you don’t mind, leave us alone, stop bugging us and allow us to prepare for our bowl game.’ That’s basically what he said.”
He's since backpedaled on that stance after numerous conversations with the ACC commish. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator