Founding Member
Dirk Koetter is the leading candidate

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stephen A Smith via Twitter-

"Lovie Smith gets fired. But Jason Garrett and Jeff Fisher get to keep their jobs. You know what??? Man, I'm just gonna go to bed right now."

Did he not see Chip, Pettine, Coughlin get fired too? Takes some nerve to stoke the flames like this. What a toolbag

Couglin retired, if he didn't he might have been broken off. But they have been stating he was mostly likely going to retire after the season since week 3. Garrett is safe for now... the Jones jet made a stop in New Orleans before Sean Payton signed on for one more year. Fisher, who knows.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting decision. The Bucs improved tangibly from Smith's first to second season, finishing with four more wins and relatively high rankings in both team offense and defense, which might make you pause and wonder why they would let him go. But Lovie is notoriously bad at developing quarterbacks and this franchise has hitched its wagon to Winston, thus the change. At least that's my take on how it went.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting decision. The Bucs improved tangibly from Smith's first to second season, finishing with four more wins and relatively high rankings in both team offense and defense, which might make you pause and wonder why they would let him go. But Lovie is notoriously bad at developing quarterbacks and this franchise has hitched its wagon to Winston, thus the change. At least that's my take on how it went.

Which is why they feel the need to retain Koetter, felt like that wouldn't be the case with Lovie at coach. I was surprised but not shocked by the move.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is why they feel the need to retain Koetter, felt like that wouldn't be the case with Lovie at coach. I was surprised but not shocked by the move.

As a lifelong Bears fan, I wasn't either. Lovie's a guy to take you from nowhere to somewhere but not to where you ultimately want to be. If that makes sense.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
At the moment, I've seen 3 black ESPN analysts bring up the subject of race in this firing. I'm so sick of the race card. In 11 years as a head coach, he has a .500 record. He is 8-24 with the bucs. Lovie is an average coach. Firing him is a good thing. It means they don't waste more years on him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At the moment, I've seen 3 black ESPN analysts bring up the subject of race in this firing. I'm so sick of the race card. In 11 years as a head coach, he has a .500 record. He is 8-24 with the bucs. Lovie is an average coach. Firing him is a good thing. It means they don't waste more years on him.
That's complete ********. Two the last three Tampa Bay coaches have been African American. If anything, they are the face of equal opportunity.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The leading candidates for 2 of the previous open jobs are African American Head Coaches. It's a little early for the argument, and it shouldn't be used for Lovie who has had more than enough opportunity.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm laughing to myself remembering all those contentious media briefings in Chicago when Grossman was a turnover machine. Again and again, Lovie would reply in his typical calm, almost robotic voice, "Rex is our quarterback." After a while, it became almost comical.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you not denying that you are Stephen A. Smith.

Interesting :suspect:

:lol:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Everybody knows he was fired for being a successful black man. It had nothing to do with the 8-24 record in Tampa.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, that's cold. They didn't even fire him to his face. They fired him over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator