LSU Football in Trouble?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
https://theadvocate.com/news/150343...budget-cuts-could-harm-tigers-football-season

It’s not hyperbole, it’s reality, says LSU President F. King Alexander.

If the mid-year cuts to higher education are deep enough that campuses close early or that summer school is cut, then athletic programs will suffer, he told the Baton Rouge Press Club on Monday afternoon.

Alexander, in his address, said that higher education institutions are trapped in “a fog” of uncertainty where school leaders are anxiously awaiting to find out from legislators how severe the damage will be on their individual campuses.

“I know a lot of people will say, ‘Well, that’s not going to happen,’” he said referring to the prospect of LSU football being hurt. “Well, that will happen if we don’t have summer school. We’ll only have half of our football team eligible.”

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have been talking about this for the last couple months. I highly doubt they shut down the program.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, but it does make you wonder if it couldn't happen at one of their smaller universities.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think they're using it as a fear tactic. "Could shut down LSU football!" :ohnoez:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Meanwhile Bert's stock keeps rising in the West......:dance:

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Don't believe this crap. Just another scare tactic ploy to raise taxes by a Democrat governor to get money out of the working people's pockets. Does anyone actually think that LSU will cancel football? That's about as likely to happen as Tulane winning the National Championship. Ain't going to happen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the same football program that was ready to buy miles out for 15mil a few months ago.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't believe this crap. Just another scare tactic ploy to raise taxes by a Democrat governor to get money out of the working people's pockets. Does anyone actually think that LSU will cancel football? That's about as likely to happen as Tulane winning the National Championship. Ain't going to happen.

This is the complete truth. Nothing but politics

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Miles doesn't figure out a way to beat
Saban, they will fire him. If that happens
their program will go down hill quickly. They
won't have the funds for hiring the next HC and assistants. They along with the barn are
very close to having severe financial
problems. Alabama is destroying both of
these programs in this unusual way. It's
like us outspending the Russians.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BS tactic. Probably using it to get more money. "Hey we're going to shut school down and our players won't be eligible. I bet the $$$ is flowing in. Not to mention hurt one of the biggest revenue making programs at the University??? Just plain BS.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It's absolutely a play to get more tax money. However, if they do budget cuts to force the issue with the public, summer school is a perfect place to cut -> Players can't take summer course loads for eligibility -> Fall term, the roster is thinned based on academic eligibility. No state legislation will suddenly make them eligible, that's an NCAA thing. There is no way they will cancel the football program, especially when it generates so dang much money. However, politicians can take a mis-step that screws the program. It's possible, and I can guarantee those folks won't get re-elected.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, but it does make you wonder if it couldn't happen at one of their smaller universities.

Already happened to one small D1 school in Alabama due budget.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never mess with a coonasses football program.....unless you want your house burned down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have a plan, they could make the professors work more than 3 hours a week, maybe even 12 or 15. Don't tell me about all the research, I've edited the submissions your GAs submitted on your behalf and know how little you actually do, and have purchased outlines 20 years old sometimes and read the EXACT same content, even the same jokes, you've used in you canned presentation for decades. I know it will cut down on your demonstrating against the man and against banksters but we are sure you can do it.

If it works at LSU, meaning professors could actually be forced to work at least part time for a living, maybe it could spread to others.

Don't get me started on the administrators and hundreds maybe thousands of useless bureaucrat drones cruising the internet all day.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There was an article a few years back that talked about the arms race and how well UF was financially. I know a lot of us have complained about Foley's tight purse strings, and I think he could've loosened them a while back. However, I'm glad we aren't a couple hundred million in debt either.

As for LSU, **** those corndog eatin' muther****ers

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator