LSU Hires Kim Mulkey away from Baylor

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Not worrying about women's basketball thankfully!
Hell
I worry about ALL Gator sports.
Our Women’s basketball team has been borderline terrible Over the years.
That’s definitely an area that needs improvement.

I mean, we are strong in Volleyball and Softball, why not women’s basketball too?

I hate losing the “All sports” race, and this particular LSU hire smacks of apathy in our athletic department.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Forget that this is women's basketball, but I think the LSU women's team can be used as somewhat a comparison to UF's men's basketball team. Granted UF has 2 NC's but prior was pretty much a nothing in bball. According to the article LSU went to 5 straight Final4's tho never won. But over time they had a respectable to very good women's program that has been on a steady slide. Baylor had ZERO of a women's bball team, Mulkey built it from ZERO to a NC contender. Granted there are 3 or 4 teams with a real chance to win each year in women's bball vs. the men. Be that as it may UF was nothing to write home about in men's bball and BD built it. Since BD, the team has been about like LSU women's team. When we needed a coach we went shopping at Dollar Tree not even at Five Below. LSU did the same thing basically with the women and now they said enough of the BS, we want to win and BOOM, pay the Lady. This hire to me would be akin to say Mark Few going to a program like Indiana, Florida, Arizona or say Maryland, etc. A coach who built and sustained at a once non top tier school, has succeeded at the highest level and leaves for a program that has some history, but is not Top 4!

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
It is a great hire -- a swing for the fences kind of hire, but the circumstances are also unique. She grew up 30 minutes from Baton Rouge and her son played baseball at LSU. I don't think there is another school in the country that could have hired her away from Baylor. But I think the larger point is that the new AD at LSU is ambitious and wants to be the best at everything. Perhaps excellence is contagious and this hire is a sign that they are willing to be excellent at as much as they can. Compare that to UF, which once had a culture of excellence but now seems to have other priorities.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This thread is obviously racist.

:grin:

6wvDacwtuLSpc4d0hmvpMFD_IEJkDqFlB9bjoSfgGTGB2TTlACH5kKdDlhFUdE5gR-FVhagoyXO2_dR9gPmgf7yfFe2102JGcb77-3uXurTC57a_VgOGPLes0XG1qu_HSQpvfSFQyWGNPuCEOvEhZG-6v8gi6FCeH2sRs8IHMIsjSwv0GTwN6dFTLGtKy983fkQhytsGeY9OzUHP8Y16mZT3wRP0JqH7

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is a great hire -- a swing for the fences kind of hire, but the circumstances are also unique. She grew up 30 minutes from Baton Rouge and her son played baseball at LSU. I don't think there is another school in the country that could have hired her away from Baylor. But I think the larger point is that the new AD at LSU is ambitious and wants to be the best at everything. Perhaps excellence is contagious and this hire is a sign that they are willing to be excellent at as much as they can. Compare that to UF, which once had a culture of excellence but now seems to have other priorities.

Since most of us really care about football - a comparison for UF football (since Mullen ain't going anywhere unless he decides to go on vacation fulltime, having amassed $18+million from UF) - the comparison I'd make for UF football would be for us to go hire Mark Pantoni (UF grad) from Ohio State to take over our recruiting operation and give him whatever TF he asks for.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I get why Donkey posted in this thread. She's already admitted to being a lesbian. But I had no idea that there were that many other posters here who "hail from the Isle of Lesbos". :inout:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mulkey is the perfect hire for LSU since she has lots of experience coaching women at a school where women are treated like play things for football players.
She will thrive at LSU.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It's a good thing LSU banned Guice or a
Mulkey is the perfect hire for LSU since she has lots of experience coaching women at a school where women are treated like play things for football players.
She will thrive at LSU.
:burn2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator