Recruiting Mack and family impressed by Florida’s Skype chat

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
The world of technology has come a long way in the past few years and on Wednesday, Will Muschamp and defensive line coach Brad Lawing took advantage of the use of Skype.

Both Florida Gator coaches were able to have a face-to-face conversation with Texas A&M defensive tackle commit Daylon Mack (6-0, 322, Gladewater, TX. High) without having to use a visit to his school in Texas.

“It went great, it was just me and my mom talking to Coach Muschamp and Coach Lawing,” Mack said. “My mom really liked what both of them had to say and she was really impressed with the academics that...

Read the rest here: Mack and family impressed by Florida’s Skype chat

More...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is starting to remind me a lot of the Dante Fowler recruitment.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Big Time! Plus like the fact that Mack has scheduled his official to Gainesville AFTER A&m's. Gotta give our 2016's a big bunch of credit. Everyone of those kids recruits their asses off for us.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
I'm really impressed with how aggressive and hands on muschamp is with recruiting. Looks like he's building another solid Dline. Hopefully we see some of the same for the offensive side of the ball.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've got 4 committed already 1ctr , 2 ot's , 1 og . We're also favorites for Ivey , Prince and Merrick with 2-3 others very interested in us. Chances are we'll end up with 7-8 and possibly as many as 9.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n48548 said:
We've got 4 committed already 1ctr , 2 ot's , 1 og . We're also favorites for Ivey , Prince and Merrick with 2-3 others very interested in us. Chances are we'll end up with 7-8 and possibly as many as 9.

That sounds like a dream.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like this kid is pumped about us. It does sound alot like the Fowler recruitment except Mack lives across the country. I wonder how much distance is going to matter when it's all said and done. Also wonder how hard anm is gonna push for him not to visit here.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A&M doesn't allow visits at all. And it doesn't matter to Mack at all right now. Most of the recruiting guys think that if he comes out for his visit he's definitely ours. If you go on his or Brown's twitter they're talking all the time as is Jordan. I only go on occasionally but he probably averages 5-1 Florida mentions over A&M.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n48557 said:
That sounds like a dream.

Yeah it does but we all know about Ivey, and Prince since EMU has been real high on us as is Bella( FLA ST ) commit, whose coming soon. Most have expected Merrick to commit to us any day, it's unbelievable how well Coach and the staff have done this year. Especially Summers.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what these guys think now that they saw our Gators struggle against the mighty Wildcats?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
D-line did really well. Safeties exposed on a couple plays due to inexperience. Not worried about D.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not worried about O either, Ivey was cheering us on on twitter, Williams is coming back soon, said he had a great time and that our 2 games really helped us. Cronkite had a good time. Javarius Davis enjoyed the game and is coming back and Antonio calloway put us in his top 3.Also Zach said that Holland and Norton showed up again also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.