Mac's Monday presser video

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
MatthewM.;291896 said:
Dooley is such a narc with that last question. What an idiot.

Yeah kinda deflated the mood.

Another note, the coaching staff assembled has got to be mentioned. Absolutely love the play calling of Nuss, and the defensive scheme against OM by Collins. Anyone notice how much VHIII did not cover Treadwell? Wonder how much did that disrupt OM's game plan. They had to figure that was what we were going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The dude is goofy, but he's goofy in a funny way. The "getting their bellies rubbed" comment cracked me up.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Mac has sounded fine in all of his press conferences and in weekly interviews but he always sounds nervous when they do sideline interviews. Not like he's winded from running or anything lol but like he's not used to speaking in front of reporters. I assumed he would be used to it from coaching at bama but maybe he didn't get much media face time. I thought the play calling this weekend was great, my only gripe is that we just always seem to start games with a 3 and out. We haven't see the bootlegs that have basically worked at will this season on the opening drives to my knowledge. We have won every game so I'm not complaining but I wouldn't mind seeing some success on the first drive of the game.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever heard a Bama assistant speak? The answer is no.

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
MatthewM.;n291921 said:
Have you ever heard a Bama assistant speak? The answer is no.

I feel like Kiffin has been speaking over the last two years...far too much but still speaking

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n291737 said:
Strange way to end the presser.

Dooley is such a dick and Mac has ridiculed him in past pressers.....I think Dooley waited til the end to spring the question trying to catch Mac off guard....not smart for Doolittle's career outlook....

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Loogis;n291905 said:
Yeah kinda deflated the mood.

Another note, the coaching staff assembled has got to be mentioned. Absolutely love the play calling of Nuss, and the defensive scheme against OM by Collins. Anyone notice how much VHIII did not cover Treadwell? Wonder how much did that disrupt OM's game plan. They had to figure that was what we were going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they decided that wilson and tabor would be able to body up better with the bigger treadwell. and i have a suspicion that they planned on surprising us by throwing at other receivers because we were so worried about their #1. problem is, VHIII was covering those guys. they were never able to readjust after that and get treadwell fully involved.

the irony is that we came out throwing to DRob when you know OM was prepping to shut down powell and callaway - which they ultimately failed to do.

the big mac attack staff plays the mind games well.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
David Climer of the Nashville Tennessean wrote the following about Butch Jones:

Butch Jones is notorious for sweating the small stuff.He is a meticulous planner. He studies analytics. He prefers to leave nothing to chance. The closer he can stay to the script, the better.He is a firm believer in a variation of the Marine Corps adage of the seven Ps — Proper Planning, Preparation and Practice Prevent Poor Performance.Because of that, Jones comes off as a coach who wants to take emotion out of the decision-making process during games. He prefers to go with a list, not his gut.

Coach Mac is the opposite of this. Mac is all about practice and preparation, but he is willing to go with his gut -- his intuition. Mac will play Butch Jones like a drum.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Wow did Mac seemed pissed with donkeys last question. Air left the room

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was really beginning to annoy me with his Good Ol' Boy posture at pressers after KY & TN. It was an improvement from Chimpy's coach-speak blah, blah, blah...10,000 words saying nothing. But McElwain's dumb hick (pissed off) routine was wearing thin. I loathe the dumb routine. After watching today's presser, serve me my plate of crow, please. I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Today, he was relaxed, not trying to strike a pose. He showed me a really smart (if still somewhat insecure, understandable at this point) coach. He's a planner. He's extremely methodical. He's not mean. AND he has a pretty wicked sense of humor, I loved the way he threw out subtle challenges (one hit wonders, that ought to make the players sit up and take notice, LOL).

He also has the talent to make people believe. We saw the results on the field Saturday. I'm a cynic, but I am starting to get his approach. And appreciate it. I think we have a winner, Gators.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He said it again....'I just guarantee we will show up" -excellent words...and the 'I'm just wondering if we're a one hit wonder". Tempering expectations, while issuing a challenge. Very measured.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Maybe I am misreading Mac's response to Dooley, but I don't think he was upset with Dooley. I think he was upset with the throat slash. The interview had been going on long enough. Coach merely said "It's unacceptable" in reference to the throat slash. You can tell McElwain doesn't want any showboating or anything that can be construed as such.

McElwain's mantra is "just do your job". Don't expect a lot praise. Don't call attention to yourself. Just do your job. Do you know whose mantra that was? It is right out of Bear Bryant's mouth. The Alabama influence of Bryant and Saban on McElwain's philosophy of how you play the game is obvious to me. McElwain is Bryant and Saban but with a sense of humor and a somewhat laid back persona, but he's tough as nails to the core.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac showed thorough happiness when he stepped to the podium. Then he put his presser persona on.
Winning is just routine = doing what you're suppose to. He's just not an angry fellow. Spurrier was a realist in his
summations. Mac knows fully well you don't accomplish needed "things" in a presser.

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I'm so excited to have Mac as our head coach, it's just so refreshing. He basically demands perfection and even with perfection praise will be at a minimum as they were just doing their jobs. I loved seeing VHIII and others dancing on the field after the game was already out of reach, shows they are having fun. It's much easier to have fun when you're winning. This team will make a lot of noise this year but just imagine what this team will look like after Mac has a couple years to get everyone and everything up to his expectations. Being a gator and buc fan, I'm soooooo happy to finally have a team to get excited about again.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
ATXGator;n291653 said:
Listening to this on Gatorzone now. I really love the way Mac handles things... He is just honest.

Talks about being giddy to meet Emmit Smith.

When asked about what he thinks about guys like Emmit questioning calls and "doing his job"... he says "somebody has to"... so he has a sense of humor.

Always gracious about the crowd.

Makes it simple when it comes to how you practice equals how you play.

You can see that the players have bought in!

He should have said, "Last time I question a running back it didn't turn out so well.."

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
What I took from this is everything he does has a long term meaning behind it... This guy might be a coaching genius that we are lucky enough to have hired...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator