Marcus Maye USA Today All American

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The voters can't watch all the games so they vote based on stats (which, as we know, rarely tell the whole story).

He played on a top-ranked defense and he was involved in a BUNCH of turnovers this year--caused fumbles, recovered fumbles, and interceptions.

That's what got him on the list.

Alex.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Puzzling selection for sure, but other than his below average ball skills, he played very well this year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Glad Bullard, Tabor, and VH3 made the list as first teamers. And Townsend as second team is well deserved.
Morrison made 2nd team as well - now the question is 'where is Davis'? That dude was the best player on our team - both sides of the ball.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for my stupid ommission Bart. And Davis not making it is a headscratcher.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard recently that Saban decided to use converted CB's to become safeties. This was in a story about Bama's improved safety play.

I think it makes sense for FS. A larger CB out of HS makes sense at FS. These kids are going to do nothing but get bigger physically.

Maybe some of these 3* CB's with be converted to safety?

They're not gonna be good enough to be corners. Makes sense to me.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would love to see Neal put on 10-15# and move to WLB, both Dawson and Washington played CB in HS and were recruited to play that position so maybe they're a little better in coverage than what we've seen over the last 3 or 4 years.

He would be a terror at linebacker

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
He's a redshirt junior, correct? Do you guys think he is gone to the NFL after being named a USA Today first team all american?
I think he will and should. His stock is never going to be higher even if he comes back and plays great. I wish him the best.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As laughable as this is regarding Maye being a 1st team All American, it is music to my ears b/c it means that Maye will most assuredly leave and try his hand at the NFL and we will not have to watch his abysmal ball skills anymore. Good luck Marcus. The guy who mentioned Marcus Maye=Guss Scott is spot on. Make tackles, find a fumble now and then and INT a poorly thrown ball. But watching them trip over themselves trying to play the ball or recognize a route is just too painful.

2 hours later I am adding this. So Maye is 1st team All American but not 1st team All-SEC? Enough said. Those who watch the closest know the most!

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats, and thanks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would love to see Neal put on 10-15# and move to WLB, both Dawson and Washington played CB in HS and were recruited to play that position so maybe they're a little better in coverage than what we've seen over the last 3 or 4 years.
Have you seen washington in coverage? Watch a replay of the Tennessee fake punt if you need an example. There's a reason he hasn't played much in his 3 or 4 years here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As laughable as this is regarding Maye being a 1st team All American, it is music to my ears b/c it means that Maye will most assuredly leave and try his hand at the NFL and we will not have to watch his abysmal ball skills anymore. Good luck Marcus. The guy who mentioned Marcus Maye=Guss Scott is spot on. Make tackles, find a fumble now and then and INT a poorly thrown ball. But watching them trip over themselves trying to play the ball or recognize a route is just too painful.

2 hours later I am adding this. So Maye is 1st team All American but not 1st team All-SEC? Enough said. Those who watch the closest know the most!
I'm not understanding why you're angry he made the 1st team all American team? Douche bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.