Maye playing LB

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We need to be stronger at the LB position and the safeties have been horrible. Changes have to be made so it makes sense. Can we get smart LB play without sacrificing depth while improving play at strong safety? That is my question.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n283033 said:
Kid definitely pushed off and VH3 got his legs tangled and tripped. Kind of a fluke play.
That play was the least of our concerns, a fluke trip. It's the same guys getting toasted repeatedly again this year that is the real problem back there.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Law98gator;n283123 said:
That play was the least of our concerns, a fluke trip. It's the same guys getting toasted repeatedly again this year that is the real problem back there.

careful. i started a thread on this issue and upset some people that simply won't hear of such things.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n282986 said:
Kentucky went 8-24. Somebody's doing something.

That would be our DLine. They owned the KY OLine. I guess their DLine kind of owned out OLine too, but our QB made some scrambles.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n282931 said:
Good, because he sure as hell hasn't been playing safety. Harris and Neal should be moved also.

Ok.......soooooooo who do you suppose we play at safety if we in fact, follow your suggestion and basically move all our safeties to LB ???

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n282976 said:
Wilson and Dawson would be damned good in coverage but I'd rather see Wilson in the nickel....can Poole play safety?

I'm sure Wilson would do a fine job but I like him at DB. We need him at DB.

Dawson? I'm not so sure about him... I had high hope for him and he's been a little disappointing. But he's still very young so there's still time for him to be coached up to become a Baller.

I thought if they moved any of them to LB it would be Harris. Since last spring, I've thought he should've been cross trained there given our lack of depth at LB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n283284 said:
I'm sure Wilson would do a fine job but I like him at DB. We need him at DB.

Dawson? I'm not so sure about him... I had high hope for him and he's been a little disappointing. But he's still very young so there's still time for him to be coached up to become a Baller.

I thought if they moved any of them to LB it would be Harris. Since last spring, I've thought he should've been cross trained there given our lack of depth at LB.

I should have stated that I meant Dawson and Wilson at safety not LB..... if anybody should move from safety to LB it should be Harris like you said.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n283278 said:
Ok.......soooooooo who do you suppose we play at safety
Look up, old man. Already answered.

I don't want to move all the DBs, just the ones that suck at playing Db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.