McElwain speaking tour 2016

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In my experience, the assistant coaches are more enjoyable (and more open) to see speak than the head coach, but I haven't attended a McElwain speaking engagement.

Really surprised McElwain isn't speaking in Atlanta (or in another city outside of the state of Florida).

-----

UF announces McElwain & White's 2016 speaking tours:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-announces-dates-for-jim-mcelwains-spring-speaking-tour

McElwain:
  • April 5, Gainesville Quarterback Club
  • April 11, Polk County Gator Club in Lakeland
  • April 13, Broward County Gator Club in Fort Lauderdale
  • April 19, Gator Club of Jacksonville
  • April 26, Southwest Florida Gator Club/Naples Gator Club in Fort Myers
  • April 27, Tampa Gator Club/Pinellas Gator Club
  • May 3, Space Coast Gator Club in Melbourne
  • May 25, Central Florida Gator Club in Orlando
  • May 26, Fightin’ Gator Touchdown Club in Gainesville

White:
  • April 26, Titletown Gator Club in Gainesville
  • June 21, Atlanta Gator Club
  • June 27, Capital Area Gator Club in Tallahassee
  • June 29, Volusia County Gator Club in Daytona

The UF assistant football coaches will visit the Panhandle Gator Club in Panama City, the Palm Beach County Gator Club in West Palm Beach, the Clay County Gator Club in Orange Park and the Sarasota/Manatee County Gator Club in Sarasota.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't that schedule include the largest high school in Ann Arbor ?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nobody wants to be in Michigan. Not even the Michigan coaching staff or their players.

Agree J. But I do think there's a benefit to speaking in Atlanta and/or another major out of state market (i.e. hot recruiting area).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree J. But I do think there's a benefit to speaking in Atlanta and/or another major out of state market (i.e. hot recruiting area).

In ATL, DC, Dallas, and Houston. I wouldn't waste my time in Cali.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Do they ever record these sessions and/or make them available to Gator Clubs outside the speaking territory? I'm just thinking there are a lot of Gator Clubs across the nation, many boosters within those clubs, and they may appreciate a chance to see what the coach has to say and how he answers questions (if the Q&A were included). Personally, I don't care enough to listen to such a discussion, live or recorded, as I get my information from ya'll and am awaiting results on the field not words in the banquet hall. I am also wondering if there is any 'gotcha' to having such a video recorded and available (ie, negative recruiting tool for opponents). To my knowledge, nobody records these and makes them available, but it could be a good thing to start doing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agree TLB. They could put them on as GatorVision archives on Gatorsports.com so
Gators in far off places could get their "fix" if needed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do they ever record these sessions and/or make them available to Gator Clubs outside the speaking territory? I'm just thinking there are a lot of Gator Clubs across the nation, many boosters within those clubs, and they may appreciate a chance to see what the coach has to say and how he answers questions (if the Q&A were included). Personally, I don't care enough to listen to such a discussion, live or recorded, as I get my information from ya'll and am awaiting results on the field not words in the banquet hall. I am also wondering if there is any 'gotcha' to having such a video recorded and available (ie, negative recruiting tool for opponents). To my knowledge, nobody records these and makes them available, but it could be a good thing to start doing.

That's a great idea. However, it is known that at these speaking engagements the coaches are speaking "off the cuff" or off the record. Spurrier would always make some sort of "prediction". The UF staff could definitely take some cuts and piece together a nice video I imagine.

I was a Gator Club President for 3 years and these things are a pain in the ass to put together. We had Billy Donovan a couple of times, but never the head football coach. We hosted Greg Mattison after the 2006 national title (he spoke in the summer of 2007) and we hosted Dan Mullen before the first Meyer season in July of 2005. We also hosted woman's basketball coach, baseball coaches, and had Jeremy Foley once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.