Recruiting McElwain's Recipe for Recruiting

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n230500 said:
That's a pretty good motto to describe the Chimp Years. It was as if he was trying to suck.
Hard to tell. I don't think I ever heard an interview and thought he sounded intelligent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n230608 said:
The doctors disagree.
Perhaps I misunderstood. You think we will be stacked on the OL once fall arrives? Because we will have six true freshmen and four more redshirt freshmen, all of whom looked like sh$t in the O&B game when they played against walkons? You think that makes us stacked?

Honestly that takes you well beyond the level of Superpumper straight into the batsh1tcrazyland.

Or perhaps you mean you hope we will be stacked in three years and I misunderstood in some way?

Most OL won't be ready for the field until their third year. Competing in the SEC is a big step.

Straighten me out J3K.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
No Law, we will not be stacked.

Your meter is broken.

But I do like how Mac has gone about getting O-linemen and QBs through ways I've never seen a coach do that isn't in a recruiting cycle.

Everyone laments the numbers, the talent, and the experience. Mac has addressed the numbers as best he can. We got fall-ball and two games to figure out the talent and gain experience. Summers has his job cut out for him.

JMac amazes me continually.

I think we'll be very happy we hired him.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;230644 said:
Honestly that takes you well beyond the level of Superpumper straight into the batsh1tcrazyland.

That made me lol

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n230402 said:
Fall-ball can't get here fast enough. I can not wait to see what we look like w/all the cogs in place and under McElwain's new offense.

We should be stacked at QB and O-line but with just zero game experience and not gelled together or enough to make a second team.

But stacked.

What cogs do you see on the offensive line? Please "enlighten" us.
Thanks in advance.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
LagoonGator68;n230885 said:
What cogs do you see on the offensive line? Please "enlighten" us.
Thanks in advance.

One o-lineman back from injury (hopefully), another two from JUCO and a RB back from injury as well as all the freshmen recruits.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n230644 said:
Perhaps I misunderstood. You think we will be stacked on the OL once fall arrives? Because we will have six true freshmen and four more redshirt freshmen, all of whom looked like sh$t in the O&B game when they played against walkons? You think that makes us stacked?

Or perhaps you mean you hope we will be stacked in three years and I misunderstood in some way?

Most OL won't be ready for the field until their third year. Competing in the SEC is a big step.

Straighten me out J3K.

Law, maybe you shouldn't keep downgrading our upcoming OL -- you know "elf fulfilling prophecy"

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee I have not been following this thread closely, but in addition to whatever physical criteria we might apply, we better get leadership. After all Tebow and Spikes proved that leadership counts a lot. Now leadership includes doing the right thing off the field, not just staying out of trouble but having a positive impact on the world.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
We're waiting to recruit another Preacher's son (Spurrier, Wuerffel, Tebow, ...).

:chomp:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We'd better at least get some leadership from QB position; we haven't had that since Tebow. Our championship teams were full of leadership.

And please don't call me mizzou. Thanks.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n231275 said:
We'd better at least get some leadership from QB position; we haven't had that since Tebow. Our championship teams were full of leadership.

And please don't call me mizzou. Thanks.

Yes and full of talent. Leadership can somewhat control the potential bad actors making the team much stronger than without such.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
VulcanAlex;n231282 said:
Yes and full of talent. Leadership can somewhat control the potential bad actors making the team much stronger than without such.

I had to read that last sentence a few times. You might want to back your IQ down a few points. That is a compliment, my Vulcan friend.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
rogdochar;n231320 said:
Has McElwain got a commit from Such ?

That's a good question. We always hear about the skill set but what about the leadership, the passion? And I think that vocal leadership is important. Just think, all the team had the past few years was some guy throwing tantrums. That's not exactly the example these kids need. Could you imagine what that would have done to Tebow? So if there are leadership qualities within , perhaps Jmac will inspire them to come out.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n231340 said:
That's a good question. We always hear about the skill set but what about the leadership, the passion? And I think that vocal leadership is important. Just think, all the team had the past few years was some guy throwing tantrums. That's not exactly the example these kids need. Could you imagine what that would have done to Tebow? So if there are leadership qualities within , perhaps Jmac will inspire them to come out.

Great question, I bet a conversation about religion and its benefits might have occurred. Seems like something was said to Urban and he made a trip for charity. Have not heard any more such since he got back to OSU. Perhaps we just have not heard of it, but I bet it went away.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n231295 said:
I had to read that last sentence a few times. You might want to back your IQ down a few points. That is a compliment, my Vulcan friend.

Not IQ but I do have a bad habit of typing run on sentences and not using commas properly. My IQ is really not that high, I do have an unusual combination of education and experience.

Now my younger son has the big numbers in the IQ department.

Thanks for the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.