Mel Kiper ranks four Gators Top 10 at their position

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing. Hope he's wrong about a defensive mass exodus. I don't think our OLine will be quite ready to carry the team next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hard to believe there's 5 dlinemen in the country better than bullard

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see a mass exodus. Cox, McAllister, Davis, and Brantley will be able to significantly improve their draft status

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Musty Duncechimp were still here they would all be gone. Hopefully the Mac revolution will convince a few of those guys to stick around.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even if we do have a bunch of players leave early, we'll still have a pretty solid group of guys coming back. D-line would have Ivey, Bryan, Clark, cece,holley and sherrit coming back. Anzalone, McMillan , Powell and ( I can't remember his name) the Miami kid at linebacker. The secondary has two shut down corners with Wilson and tabor. Duke Dawson is also someone who's shown flashes. The defensive unit will still be pretty solid.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only position I'm worried about next year is safety. Will be fine on the line and at corners.

I am not very impressed with our DB recruiting this year.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I really like the kid, but Marcus Maye as the sixth best safety in the country???

Even wearing my orange and blue glasses I don't see that.

It's got to be based on the turnovers he's created and collected. Kiper is getting caught up in the numbers rather than the body of work.

No offense Marcus.

And I agree that Bullard is underrated. Probably because he's not a glamorous edge rusher with 10% body fat and a lightning quick first step. Teams that pass on him will regret it. He's an absolute stud against the run and he can generate pass rush up the middle. QBs hate pressure from the middle, they can't step up into the pocket. Barring injury, he's going to have a nice, long and productive NFL career.

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only position I'm worried about next year is safety. Will be fine on the line and at corners.

I am not very impressed with our DB recruiting this year.
I think the db class is solid. A couple of those kids are all Americans.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mel Kiper is just another bspn looser trying to justify his pay.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen Bullard, as a 3 technique, chase down running backs in the backfield from behind like they were standing still. I've seen him make tackles on tight ends after the catch 10 yards upfield. AS A 3 TECHNIQUE. So if someone really wants to say he's only the 6th best defensive lineman in the country, then they can feel free to keep smoking that sh*t.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the db class is solid. A couple of those kids are all Americans.

The 2016 class? Gardner is elite. Meyers is good. Not great. And everyone else is meh. I think kids are seeing the depth chart and thinking they'll be sitting for a long time. When that's not the case. Tabor is a JR next year and one of these freshman could be starting as a true soph/redshirt frosh opposite Wilson. I don't think we're in it for Trayvon. He would be a great get.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair I don't know much about these DBs that were looking at from Alabama. But in general, your best DBs come from Florida. This is one reason why I would welcome Coach Mac bringing back JC. Since that would bring another elite DB back into the fold.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The 2016 class? Gardner is elite. Meyers is good. Not great. And everyone else is meh. I think kids are seeing the depth chart and thinking they'll be sitting for a long time. When that's not the case. Tabor is a JR next year and one of these freshman could be starting as a true soph/redshirt frosh opposite Wilson. I don't think we're in it for Trayvon. He would be a great get.
I thought the safety from Alabama was pretty good? Did we take him to entice mack Wilson?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
so i looked at our recruiting class thus far and all i see is 2 offensive lineman :fear:

The good news is I know Mac isnt looking at the current list and thinking we are now solid there :lol:
Hoping to see some more big uglies on there soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.