Memphis v Tulane

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Quite a few of you guys around here wanted to hire Norvell....

First year without Fuente's players (Don't get me started on that joke also) Watching them be thrashed by Tulane tonight. No defense, terrible offense...3-2 on the year before getting to the meat of their schedule. Glad to say our AD is smarter than some of us here on the board (Including me since I wanted Fuente)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
To be fair, year 3 is almost unanimously an off year for head coaches. There always seems to be a mixture of older disappointments and younger inexperienced talent. I wouldn’t read too much into it. His defense last year during a “winning” season was as much a concern as anything I’ve seen this year.

That said, I agree that the Mullen pick looks wise at this point.

And ftr, I mainly liked MN because I’m a fan of the hot Spanish wife.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol old dominion just put up half a hundred on your boy fuente

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As sofla said, inexperience is a problem for them. They don't have any seniors playing on defense, which is rare for schools at that size since players in that conference rarely leave early for the NFL. QB is a junior but also has no starting experience until this year.

Also let's not pretend that Mullen doesn't have his share of bad losses too. His most recent one was two weeks ago.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We are all entitled to like who we like as coaches, etc., but this thread is exactly why I can't understand why people can draw conclusions on one game or even a season. Coach has good record so they all want him. he goes somewhere else. has slow start, so he is now a bum? That is why I am a fan of watching the games and am in the camp of wanting to hire a Head Coach, not one who supposedly is offensive or defensive minded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.