Miami adds 5 star QB transfer

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think Mac is better than Richt?

At this point who knows. But I definitely give Mac the edge. He is 1-0 vs. Richt as a HC. We have a long history of seeing what Richt does on the field and UF owned him at UGAly. We've seen Richt for many years doing what he does.

Jun 2, 2015
I do not. Richt's a much better recruiter and they're about even in regards to coaching ability. Advantage Richt.

MJMGator. I agree with you as to Richt being a better recruiter. This year should reveal which is the better coach. Richt doesn't seem to have the urgency or killer instinct like Jimmy J or Butch Davis to wrap up games which concerns me. In addition, a lot depends upon the assistant coaches. Other than our former HC, Shannon, I am not familiar with your assistant coaches, but I do know that Shannon is a very good defensive coach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator. I agree with you as to Richt being a better recruiter. This year should reveal which is the better coach. Richt doesn't seem to have the urgency or killer instinct like Jimmy J or Butch Davis to wrap up games which concerns me. In addition, a lot depends upon the assistant coaches. Other than our former HC, Shannon, I am not familiar with your assistant coaches, but I do know that Shannon is a very good defensive coach.
No one outside of Gainesville is familiar with our assistant coaches. We like to hire under the radar. :lol:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He's in for culture shock going from the Mormons to Kansas and then to Da U. He'll hold a clipboard and one of the other player's stash for his one year there.
Where is the "U" situated geographically? Is it anywhere near the Poke n Beans project? I've watched too many First 48 episodes and know all the Cuban murder investigators by name in that district.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is that the Noles aren't too worried.
The Preacher's strong suit is getting the guys
to join his program. As far as coaching them up,
that seems to be another matter.

00z0z_aM7a5Tg4abH_600x450.jpg
Is that a recent pic? He looks a tad overweight.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If you're referring to JD, no one has beat him out. Simple really.
Where is JD? Is he still floundering around in the League? Is he back in Oviedo?

Jun 2, 2015
Where is the "U" situated geographically? Is it anywhere near the Poke n Beans project? I've watched too many First 48 episodes and know all the Cuban murder investigators by name in that district.

The U is no where near Liberty City (PnB section of Miami). It is located on Dixie Hwy (US#1) in Coral Gables (south of Miami proper). The Gables is comparable to Beverly Hills, CA. A lot of the homes are on canals where their yachts are parked. The U is a beautiful and colorful small campus (about 10,000 undergrads) by a lake and you can easily walk to classes - no mopeds needed. The fraternities are located across from the Hecht football office and practice field which is by the baseball field. All very small in comparison with UF campus and facilities.. Nearby, in the heart of the Gables, is an elite shopping area called Miracle Mile with numerous specialty shops and restaurants.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The U is no where near Liberty City (PnB section of Miami). It is located on Dixie Hwy (US#1) in Coral Gables (south of Miami proper). The Gables is comparable to Beverly Hills, CA. A lot of the homes are on canals where their yachts are parked. The U is a beautiful and colorful small campus (about 10,000 undergrads) by a lake and you can easily walk to classes - no mopeds needed. The fraternities are located across from the Hecht football office and practice field which is by the baseball field. All very small in comparison with UF campus and facilities.. Nearby, in the heart of the Gables, is an elite shopping area called Miracle Mile with numerous specialty shops and restaurants.
Thanks Daytonacane. It sounds like it's a far cry from the recruiting districts. :) I know Mark Richt attended there and was allowed to hold the QB clipboard for Jim Kelley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.