Screenshot_20221009-190639_Chrome.jpg

Pontificate.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We commit few penalties, which is a nice change.
We’re good on 4th down, both sides of the ball.
We run the ball well.
That’s about it for the positives.
Oh, and net punting is pretty solid.
:bart:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are what the stats say we are.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I used my college education to figure out we should skip third down and go direct to fourth.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
She's almost a ground up restoration guys.....more curious to see what personnel we start inserting into the blaring gaps. 2 big pieces I see with the type of defense were running is a stud safety who can play close to the los in run support and isn't a TE usually considered a struggling QB's best friend(checkdown)?
One tidbit on coaching, someone needs to teach our DB's how to tackle a lot better.....these guys make Deion Sanders look like a head hunter. If you go back and rewatch the games a lot of our bad 3rd down play and big yardage given up is due to a whiff somewhere out in the flat or at the corner. What should be contained as a 5 yard pick up turns into a plus 20.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
TOP #123?

angry cuttino mobley GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's amazing how one good punt return rocketed us up 81 spots.

Also, how was the pizza?

My initial thought as well. But then I realized we went nearly a game and a half without forcing a punt, and are probably near the bottom in actual return opportunities. So that’s actually a bad stat hiding inside a good one. The silver lining is that we’ve developed a bend-don’t-break type defense(personally not my preference) and have been pretty decent at turnovers, which are better.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The silver lining is that we’ve developed a bend-don’t-break type defense(personally not my preference) and have been pretty decent at turnovers, which are better.
I guess this comes somewhat with playing so much zone. As the field gets shorter and the zones get smaller, the stops get easier.

Hopefully as these guys adjust to it we get a little better on third down and see some drastic improvement statistically.

I know we have issues with depth in the front 7, but I still feel like the atrocious run defense numbers have more to do with not understanding gap responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.