Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Goodbye GIF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
When I was 15 in the mid-eighties, I spent two weeks at a Mike Martin Baseball Summer Camp at FSU. We stayed in the vacant dorms near the ball fields. You could feel the suckage. I spend most nights winning the older teen's per diem money playing in after-hours poker games. They hated me. Never even considered going there for school.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of what’s thought of him, his last few years were nothing to wish on anybody. Old high school buddy went to church where the Martin’s attended and lately sang and helped serve meals at the care facility he was in. Said his wife told them he was “not good” for quite sometime and was locked in a world where all he knew was reliving past baseball games but not much else. Hard on the family.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless of what’s thought of him, his last few years were nothing to wish on anybody. Old high school buddy went to church where the Martin’s attended and lately sang and helped serve meals at the care facility he was in. Said his wife told them he was “not good” for quite sometime and was locked in a world where all he knew was reliving past baseball games but not much else. Hard on the family.

:(

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Got nothing against the guy, except being a Nole. I made Varsity that next year (started 3B). My mom was real confused why I came home with $300 bucks of other kid's money though.

Those end of life issues suck horribly. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
RIP Mike. Condolences to the family but everyone has to be glad you are at peace.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are not many "good" ways to go...... This is definitely a very sad way. RIP Coach

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is no time for jokes cover2.

And yes, I showed business savvy very early on. Sold watered-down Gatoraid and tickets to the softball camp's shower room peep hole. Sold maps of all the campus glory holes for the curious. Also had t's mom giving handy-j's down around by the circus tents.

Easy there old timer. A Nole has passed. Show some respect.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is no time for jokes cover2.

And yes, I showed business savvy very early on. Sold watered-down Gatoraid and tickets to the softball camp's shower room peep hole. Sold maps of all the campus glory holes for the curious. Also had t's mom giving handy-j's down around by the circus tents.

Easy there old timer. A Nole has passed. Show some respect.
So that was you!

1706882918080.png

And by the way, there’s always room for humor!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.