Mizzo Coach Resigning for Health Reasons

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n312421 said:
He was diagnosed in May and has gone for multiple treatments since then. You think he's making that up? He's not even leaving the university. He's just stepping down from coaching. He even said the treatment is going fine and he's doing relatively well. His priorities have just changed. Have you ever known anyone with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma? Even after you beat it it could be well after a decade until you're considered "cured". And even then, you may still need to come in for continued scans.

Soooooo can we change the thread title then?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I heard his fire insurance premiums went through the roof. In all seriousness sorry to hear about his health, there's a couple things more important than football, fighting that bastard cancer is one of them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cancer is obviously a very serious thing. I get people being sensitive to it. I've had close family members who have died from cancer. It's no joke and a very serious situation. So if anyone knows the sensitive perspective of the issue, I do.

All that being said, I am in the skeptical group on this one. Not that I don't believe the diagnosis, but the timing of it all. He didn't seem to be showing any issues from the treatments, and all of this just after the whole ****show going on. If I were Pinkel, I'd want to get away from the team as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bait'n Gator;n312470 said:
I heard his fire insurance premiums went through the roof. In all seriousness sorry to hear about his health, there's a couple things more important than football, fighting that bastard cancer is one of them.
Getting the eff out of Mizzu is another one of them.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n312199 said:
Seriously. The man has non hodgkin's lymphoma and some of you classless ass clowns made jokes. The forum mentality has gotten old.

And you used to be fun....

:fingertap:

GatorVet2001

Nov 25, 2014
Long time lurker, first time posting. First, thanks for having this forum. It's a far better alternative than getting my Gator info on the site that shall not be named. As for this issue, Non-Hodgkins lymphoma is an umbrella term for dozens of different lymphomas, some aggressive and some so slow growing that you can go for years with no treatment, just monitoring it. Some of the treatments for slow growing types are immunotherapy vs chemotherapy, and cause few side-effects, so he certainly could have been receiving treatment for it without any outward signs. I went through treatment for an aggressive form of NHL last year (at 40). Doing fine now, but it definitely hits the reset button on your priorities.

Well, with that out of the way, all I can say is **** FSU, GA, OSU, and Tenn.

Go Gators.

and yes, I will get an avatar at some point.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorVet2001;n312532 said:
Long time lurker, first time posting. First, thanks for having this forum. It's a far better alternative than getting my Gator info on the site that shall not be named. As for this issue, Non-Hodgkins lymphoma is an umbrella term for dozens of different lymphomas, some aggressive and some so slow growing that you can go for years with no treatment, just monitoring it. Some of the treatments for slow growing types are immunotherapy vs chemotherapy, and cause few side-effects, so he certainly could have been receiving treatment for it without any outward signs. I went through treatment for an aggressive form of NHL last year (at 40). Doing fine now, but it definitely hits the reset button on your priorities.

Go Gators.

Glad to have you on board. Don't be a stranger!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Long time lurker, first time posting.
Welcome aboard, Vet, and congrats for winning.

Hey, you know what they call a pre-med student who can't do math or science?

Pre-law.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Go Gators.

Great to have you on board, good educational information as well. Welcome.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Go Gators.

Welcome and I'm glad you're doing well.
The illness is a good reason not to coach anymore but I wonder if his decision was accelerated by the events with the school and the team. I don't think I would want to be part of something where the inmates were running the asylum.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
AugustaGator;n312769 said:
Do some people need a safe zone?

Apparently they do, since they are demanding one.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorvet, very likable post. Gosh, first post. Welcome. GC is also for light conversation, so don't hesitate.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always liked the MU Coach but didn't care for the way he enabled the protesters but Life and Death are much more important. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.