Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n312199 said:
The forum mentality has gotten old.
KC, no one is making fun of Pinkel but the whole world is laughing at Mizzu.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck to Pinkel, a class act. Good luck to Mizzou trying to find a coach to go into that dumpster fire of a campus now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he beats it. Always thought pretty highly of him as a coach.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I am sorry Coach Pinkel has lymphoma. No one on this board means any harm to him. I disagree with how he handled the recent events at the University of Missouri. I felt he should have told his team they either showed up to practice or I'm kicking you off the team. Instead the football team was able to help the protesting students gain leverage and force out the president of the whole University of Missouri system and also the chancellor of the University of Missouri at Columbia. The president and the chancellor were weak because they resigned in the face of the protests. Maybe they just didn't want to deal with the stuff that is going on there any more and just had enough. The president and the chancellor should have told Pinkel to get his team under control or he's gone too.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n312223 said:
I am sorry Coach Pinkel has lymphoma. No one on this board means any harm to him. I disagree with how he handled the recent events at the University of Missouri. I felt he should have told his team they either showed up to practice or I'm kicking you off the team. Instead the football team was able to help the protesting students gain leverage and force out the president of the whole University of Missouri system and also the chancellor of the University of Missouri at Columbia. The president and the chancellor were weak because they resigned in the face of the protests. Maybe they just didn't want to deal with the stuff that is going on there any more and just had enough. The president and the chancellor should have told Pinkel to get his team under control or he's gone too.

It was all handled wrong and it appears it was all based on a bed of lies. Good times in Mizzou.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n312229 said:
It was all handled wrong and it appears it was all based on a bed of lies.

That would be true for a great many things throughout history.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MJMGator;n312229 said:
It was all handled wrong and it appears it was all based on a bed of lies. Good times in Mizzou.

The expression is pack of lies. Bed of Lies is apparently a song by Nicki Manaj. You may want to rethink your musical tastes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n312188 said:
Someone's going to come after Rumph for a DC job, or after possibly after Shannon for HC and he takes Rumph with him as a DC. Pay Up Foley!
I've been thinking the same but you gotta wonder if he wasn't promised something in order to get him here. I would imagine he's the co dc in waiting, I can't see why else he would leave Texas. One scenario that worries me is if Kirby smart gets the south Carolina job and offers him the dc job. I believe he's from south Carolina and we know he's coached with smart. I think it's would take a scenario like that to lose him

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312251 said:
The expression is pack of lies. Bed of Lies is apparently a song by Nicki Manaj. You may want to rethink your musical tastes.

Pretty sure the term was around waaaay before that whore. And for the record, I don't listen to pop music but I have seen that freak show on television.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MJMGator;n312270 said:
Pretty sure the term was around waaaay before that whore. And for the record, I don't listen to pop music but I have seen that freak show on television.

I've been around since pre-Madonna so I'm pretty sure about the expression. But for all intensive purposes it's a moo point and Irregardless friends don't let friends listen to Nicki Manaj.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n312251 said:
:rotfl:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So can we change the thread title to remove the quotes around health? I'm pretty sure Lymphoma is a valid health reason for causing someone to retire.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap that's terrible news. I hope he gets better. And a lot more time with his family.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n312345 said:
So can we change the thread title to remove the quotes around health? I'm pretty sure Lymphoma is a valid health reason for causing someone to retire.
You'll understand that given that our last coach who quit after a subpar season also cited "health problems" later found to be a lie that not everyone believes what Pinkel says until there is additional evidence presented.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;n312400 said:
You'll understand that given that our last coach who quit after a subpar season also cited "health problems" later found to be a lie that not everyone believes what he says until there is additional evidence presented.

Yeah, we want to see the biopsy results!!!

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Law98gator;n312400 said:
You'll understand that given that our last coach who quit after a subpar season also cited "health problems" later found to be a lie that not everyone believes what he says until there is additional evidence presented.
At least people have heard of "lymphoma ".

Who the **** knew "esophageal spasms" was such a thing and in that a dire diagnosis.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;312345 said:
Law98gator;312400 said:
You'll understand that given that our last coach who quit after a subpar season also cited "health problems" later found to be a lie that not everyone believes what Pinkel says until there is additional evidence presented.

He was diagnosed in May and has gone for multiple treatments since then. You think he's making that up? He's not even leaving the university. He's just stepping down from coaching. He even said the treatment is going fine and he's doing relatively well. His priorities have just changed. Have you ever known anyone with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma? Even after you beat it it could be well after a decade until you're considered "cured". And even then, you may still need to come in for continued scans.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never heard of Pinkel's diagnosis earlier. It's Mizzu. Don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.