More Gloom and Doom for Jaguars

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I had a meniscus repaired several years ago via arthroscopy. I was walking again without support in less than a week. Several weeks of rehab followed but it was not bad at all.
Ditto

And believe it or not running actually makes my knee feel better.

Too bad it wrecks my calf. :weep:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What have you done for regenerative medicine? PRP? Placental Amniotic Membrane? If you're just taking steroid shots, it's adding to the degeneration of the cartilage.
It's not painful if I don't abuse it, so I don't. I haven't done any of what you mentioned and don't plan on it, especially the steroid shots. I ride my bike a lot and watch my diet due to bad genes, so I'm pretty fit (6'2" 180lb), and like I said, pain free, so I'm good with it all.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What is that, about 35-40 mile per week? That's impressive!

I try to break 40 every week if I'm not training for anything. I raced a lot several years ago (I was running closer to 3000 mpy then). I'm getting old and I lost my racing mojo. I still try to do a few races each year, but not like I did in my mid to late 30's. I did break 3 hours in the marathon when I turned 40....it's been down hill since then!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Damn dude. I thought I ran alot, but I'm only 100-120 miles a month.

100+ miles/month is impressive as well. It's all relative to the runner. I was more of a weight lifter in my youth....I got deployed to the desert at the end of 2005, just after I turned 35 years old. I decided to start running more and lifting less....I lost weight (and muscle mass)....and started racing. They held races on the base each month and I was finishing top 5 (against mostly young Army & Marine dudes). So when I came home in late 2006 I started racing almost every weekend. It's easy to get over 50-60 a week....then marathon training and 70-80+ mile weeks. It's very time consuming though.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
100+ miles/month is impressive as well. It's all relative to the runner. I was more of a weight lifter in my youth....I got deployed to the desert at the end of 2005, just after I turned 35 years old. I decided to start running more and lifting less....I lost weight (and muscle mass)....and started racing. They held races on the base each month and I was finishing top 5 (against mostly young Army & Marine dudes). So when I came home in late 2006 I started racing almost every weekend. It's easy to get over 50-60 a week....then marathon training and 70-80+ mile weeks. It's very time consuming though.

Nice. I've had to stick to halfs simply because of the time requirements you speak of. 1:41 is my best this past January. I'm going to run the race in Celebration in January. They say it's the flattest Boston qualifier. My goal is 1:36. Spending this offseason essentially doing nothing but leg weight training and bike riding.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice. I've had to stick to halfs simply because of the time requirements you speak of. 1:41 is my best this past January. I'm going to run the race in Celebration in January. They say it's the flattest Boston qualifier. My goal is 1:36. Spending this offseason essentially doing nothing but leg weight training and bike riding.

Good luck on the 1:36. That's an admirable goal! I haven't done many HM's, maybe 5 or 6. My best was in Jacksonville (the Thanksgiving Day Outback HM), I ran a 1:23:20 and won my age group (and got a sweet $45 Outback gift certificate!). That was in 2007, I think. Funny story, I "won" the Baltimore HM in 2010. I didn't register for the race...and a friend of mine from the DC Triathlon Club had 4 or 5 bibs that some of their members who signed up for the race couldn't use...so I went and used one of the bibs. I didn't' realize, but it was a woman's bib. I got first place female....and they, obviously, disqualified me...and they sent the chick a letter telling her she was banned from all future Baltimore races (the organization that put on the race banned her from any of their races). My time was high 1:24 (just under 1:25, which is slow for a woman's winning time). I guess I should have looked at the name on the bib before I wore it! That was in October and in November I ran a 2:58 at the OBX Marathon.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:hahaha:
Depending on that opinion, he could miss some of training camp, but the Jaguars believe he will be ready for Week 1 against the Green Bay Packers, a source said.

I can definitively state for the record, that neither he, nor the Jacksonville Jaguars will be ready for the Green Bay Packers.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck on the 1:36. That's an admirable goal! I haven't done many HM's, maybe 5 or 6. My best was in Jacksonville (the Thanksgiving Day Outback HM), I ran a 1:23:20 and won my age group (and got a sweet $45 Outback gift certificate!). That was in 2007, I think. Funny story, I "won" the Baltimore HM in 2010. I didn't register for the race...and a friend of mine from the DC Triathlon Club had 4 or 5 bibs that some of their members who signed up for the race couldn't use...so I went and used one of the bibs. I didn't' realize, but it was a woman's bib. I got first place female....and they, obviously, disqualified me...and they sent the chick a letter telling her she was banned from all future Baltimore races (the organization that put on the race banned her from any of their races). My time was high 1:24 (just under 1:25, which is slow for a woman's winning time). I guess I should have looked at the name on the bib before I wore it! That was in October and in November I ran a 2:58 at the OBX Marathon.

You should have told them you identify as a female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator