Morrison on previous Strength Staff

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n269785 said:
When we started having all of the ACL injuries under Dillman, serious investigation of our Strength and Conditioning program, and practice fields, should have been done by the coaches and training staff. There should have also been an outside consultant brought in to evaluate how & why the injuries were occurring.

I'm pretty sure I remember Muschamp saying this is exactly what they did. Now, who they brought in to assess the situation, I have no clue, but Muschamp claimed the strength and conditioning program was not to blame for all the injuries. Am I the only one that remembers this?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n269809 said:
I'm pretty sure I remember Muschamp saying this is exactly what they did. Now, who they brought in to assess the situation, I have no clue, but Muschamp claimed the strength and conditioning program was not to blame for all the injuries. Am I the only one that remembers this?

Yep, they did all that and then said they had fixed the problem by not practicing when it's too hot. https://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/florida-alters-practice-routine/2191349

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Bernardo de la Paz;n269826 said:
Yep, they did all that and then said they had fixed the problem by not practicing when it's too hot.

guinness-brilliant_1__preview.jpg

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
PastyStoole;n269760 said:
Crossfit?? That is totally gay. And I don't mean that in a "NTTAWWT" type of gay, I mean it in a "There is definitely something wrong with that" type of gay.

Please tell me this is just speculation on your part. As much as I adore Will Muschamp, the news that he hired a strength coach to teach football players Crossfit, would be the last straw. He would be dead to me if this is true.

From the type of training that they were doing with the old staff it sounded a lot like Cross-Fit. They were talking about lifting light weight multiple times with other exercises mixed in such as lunges and movement drills. I agree that type of training regiment isn't good for sports or Armed Forces.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just need to drink more water and reduce the moped riding....

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n269690 said:
This piling on of such a great head coach needs to stop. All Muschamp needed was another year or 2 and we would have been playing for a national title. :lol2:

I detect sarcasm.....I think...... :headscratch:

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n269665 said:
Deuce - I'll go with you most of the way. I'm a big proponent of people owning their own decisions, and who can say the staff did or didn't hold anyone back or tell them not to push themselves harder in any given way. But, these are HS kids coming to a big university with the expectation of being coached and developed. The staff are looked at as the experts to help assess any given kid, work up a development plan that fits them, and push them to execute that plan - recognize and develop potential. The previous staff absolutely failed in their responsibility to these kids in so many ways. Yes, the kids can still go work out on their own, but if they believe the coaches words are the plan they need to stick to....there should be a conversation between the player and coaches where the kid says "I understand you want me to do A, B, and C....but I'd also like to do D and E. Will they hinder my development, am I pushing myself too hard to the detriment of the team and my career?" Instead, I'm willing to be there was little communication from the staff beyond "WhyTheFK haven't you done C?!?!?!?!" Perhaps ignoring the fact the kid has to do A and B in order to even start C. WM's glare of hatred certainly didn't invite any conversation from the kids on how to get better.

No doubt that coaching is important but the coaches don't execute the plays. I'm happy we didn't win more games in retrospect because we'd still be dealing with WM if we had one 2 more games.

Strange how that worked out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n269760 said:
Crossfit?? That is totally gay. And I don't mean that in a "NTTAWWT" type of gay, I mean it in a "There is definitely something wrong with that" type of gay.

Please tell me this is just speculation on your part. As much as I adore Will Muschamp, the news that he hired a strength coach to teach football players Crossfit, would be the last straw. He would be dead to me if this is true.

I believe the word "cross" in crossfit refers to the synonym "angry", meaning all coaching was meaningless anger unleashed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n269972 said:
No doubt that coaching is important but the coaches don't execute the plays.
You still making excuses for Dumptank?

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n270026 said:
You still making excuses for Dumptank?

You have a problem with reading comprehension cup-cake?

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
Gators79;n269687 said:
I told everyone no one would respect a fat slob as a strength and conditioning coach. And I never understood why the slob was always on the sidelines acting as a head cheerleader. Bottom line ButtChamp has piss poor coaching skills and never held anyone accountable.

Sounds like someone needs to get their f@#king mind right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator