MSU vs UF preseason All SEC

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So true. Snell is very good. Fortunately UF will have Reese for MSU who is better at wrapping up. We couldn't tackle Snell with Reese missing.
Yeah, he hurt us pretty bad. The broken tackles that game were mind-boggling.

Reese looked real good in his first action and everyone else has stepped it up. This defense looks pretty stout but this will be a real good test, especially for the front. It will be fun to see how they match up with Fitzgerald and MSU's backs.

I'm getting fired up for this game. I don't think we were that excited about the UT game before it got going but this feels like old times. A big matchup with a great backstory with the excitement building all week.

Damn, am I becoming a pumper? Go Gators!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, Ivey is 1st string :loser:

Are they drunk when they watch game film?

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Reese looked real good in his first action and everyone else has stepped it up. This defense looks pretty stout but this will be a real good test, especially for the front. It will be fun to see how they match up with Fitzgerald and MSU's backs.

I'm getting fired up for this game. I don't think we were that excited about the UT game before it got going but this feels like old times. A big matchup with a great backstory with the excitement building all week.

You are being accurate.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

Agreed, excited about this game. I think we did better against UK than MSU did. I also think that the current team is better than the one that faced UK with Reese back. On the other hand MSU played @ UK, while we played in the swamp.

The history of us playing in Starkville is not on our side. But this weekend gave us hope. Even before the season started, most of us chalked it up as an automatic L. Now, we have some hope. What is important is to keep showing progress on the road.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Agreed, excited about this game. I think we did better against UK than MSU did. I also think that the current team is better than the one that faced UK with Reese back. On the other hand MSU played @ UK, while we played in the swamp.

The history of us playing in Starkville is not on our side. But this weekend gave us hope. Even before the season started, most of us chalked it up as an automatic L. Now, we have some hope. What is important is to keep showing progress on the road.
Yeah, definitely going to be a challenge. Their game against UK showed they probably aren't quite as good as everyone thought, but I'm sure it was at least a little of the same thing that happened to us.

Brand new head coach, still everyone trying to learn the new ways, and players and coaches caught looking past UK a little, no matter how hard you try to get focused.

Just like we did, I'm pretty sure they expected to win that game. Then when the game starts and you line up across from them and their lineman punch you in the mouth you say "damn, these guys are tougher than I expected". Pretty soon you are punting or worse turning it over and Snell starts running it down your throat and what you figured was a win turns ugly in a hurry. Still, the fact that their offense struggled against them worse than we did is somewhat surprising.

We probably would have been better off if they had found a way to win because they now are desperate on top of the obvious motivation to want to kick Mullen and crews azzes for abandoning them.

If Mullen pulls this one off I'll be impressed.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, definitely going to be a challenge. Their game against UK showed they probably aren't quite as good as everyone thought, but I'm sure it was at least a little of the same thing that happened to us.

Brand new head coach, still everyone trying to learn the new ways, and players and coaches caught looking past UK a little, no matter how hard you try to get focused.

Just like we did, I'm pretty sure they expected to win that game. Then when the game starts and you line up across from them and their lineman punch you in the mouth you say "damn, these guys are tougher than I expected". Pretty soon you are punting or worse turning it over and Snell starts running it down your throat and what you figured was a win turns ugly in a hurry. Still, the fact that their offense struggled against them worse than we did is somewhat surprising.

We probably would have been better off if they had found a way to win because they now are desperate on top of the obvious motivation to want to kick Mullen and crews azzes for abandoning them.

If Mullen pulls this one off I'll be impressed.

Agreed. I think of this game as the opposite of the last 4 games. We know a lot more about our team if they beat MSU. We won't know a whole lot if we lose in a competitive way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2018 Preseason Coaches All-SEC Football Team announced

The SEC coaches liked MSU's DL.

They have the same number of 1st and 2nd team players as UF but they have over double the 3rd team All SEC players healthy that UF has.

Composite recruited talent we are # 13 and they are # 22 I think. They do have 2 really good D linemen but their line is not the best in the SEC overall no matter any votes as people can run on them much more than they can on Bama and Auburn etc. They may have the best pass rush with a 4 man rush however.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Composite recruited talent we are # 13 and they are # 22 I think. They do have 2 really good D linemen but their line is not the best in the SEC overall no matter any votes as people can run on them much more than they can on Bama and Auburn etc. They may have the best pass rush with a 4 man rush however.
I get where you are coming from but I also like the coaches' all sec take on what they have advanced to since high school. UT's OL had extremely High star ratings from high school but our DL owned them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get where you are coming from but I also like the coaches' all sec take on what they have advanced to since high school. UT's OL had extremely High star ratings from high school but our DL owned them.
I'm pretty sure their offense of line had one five-star and the rest three- star. They certainly played like that.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure their offense of line had one five-star and the rest three- star. They certainly played like that.
UT has TWO 5 star OL starters plus TWO 4 star OL starters and ONE 3 star OL starter.

The recruiting services missed it on those OL ratings.

3 star recruits Jachai Polite and Zuniga dominated them.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UT has TWO 5 star OL starters plus TWO 4 star OL starters and ONE 3 star OL starter.

The recruiting services missed it on those OL ratings.

3 star recruits Jachai Polite and Zuniga dominated them.

Yep the only good one is their LT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.