Mullen’s Ridiculous Post LSU Game Conference

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’m not defending Mullen here, because if nothing else, it shouldn’t have been aired, but I’m still shocked the SEC went forward with either of these two(Ala or UF games), especially in light of the B10’s decision on OhSt. The bye week was out in place for a reason. The divisions were sealed. And it’s not playing a scheduled game, but a re-scheduled game. Risk of injury, risk of upset, risk of watering down A&M’s signature win, etc. The SEC had a decent chance of getting two teams in. Now, that’s gone. All because of a meaningless scrimmage.

Again though, I’m not defending Mullen because even if you feel that way, you don’t let it out. If your head coach thinks you shouldn’t be playing, then as a player, you’ll follow his lead. That’s what we saw.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again though, I’m not defending Mullen because even if you feel that way, you don’t let it out. If your head coach thinks you shouldn’t be playing, then as a player, you’ll follow his lead. That’s what we saw.
This seems likely.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Not having Pitts is not why we lost the game. Sure we could have used him but we had 600+ yards of offense. Here's my ranking of what cost us the game:

1. The "shoe" personnel foul. Yes a singular play but without it we had forced a punt with 1:50 something remaining and all of our timeouts. Barring a turnover, we either score (TD or FG) or go into OT. So yeah, that singular play.
  2. Three turnovers. I'm on the Trask train but for Heaven's sake, take the flippin sack. Now I will say this, if they will call a personal foul on the shoe, why didn't they call a foul when the guy taunted Trask?
  3. Offensive play calling. How many times did we try to run it up the gut in the red zone? LSU was ready for it. I can hear GFPC now, "running into the numbers". Also, we didn't seem to have an answer for their blitzes.
  4. 3rd and dwag is alive and well. I want to put more blame on our defense, but Marco, Trask, and Mullen have to own this one. At one point, they said we had been in the red zone 5 times and only had 17 points. I'd love to blame the dwag but defense got enough stops. This one is on Marco and the offense.
  5. Game management. Someone on the board keeps harping on Mullen's poor game management (I think it is FireFooley). Calling a timeout with 21 seconds left letting their field goal unit stroll leisurely onto the field. Did he really do that? Yes he did.

Duly noted. I appreciate your ranking but here’s my take on them.
  1. The Shoe: Yes, singular play but huge effect on outcome. SMH
  2. Turnovers: I’m a member of the Trask train but to be honest, he’s gotten away with those type of plays (plenty of times) earlier this year where it didn’t flip the game. As for the miss taunting penalty, a few knuckleheads our defense got away with a few non-calls. Call it even.
  3. Offensive and defensive play calling: Game 10, same issues. Fortunately, we were able to score enough points to overcome those head-scratching moments in previous games.
  4. If Pitts played last night, perhaps the red zone efficiency would’ve been better??
  5. Imo, the overall game management was full of arrogance and lack of preparedness. Calling the timeout with 21 seconds gave us an opportunity to send the game into OT. Btw, had Mullen let the play continue without interruption (no timeout), there’s no guarantee the LSU kicker would’ve missed the field goal. At least we had a chance.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Sitting Pitts told LSU they don't have to double any receivers and told UF this game is meaningless. THink that was said in chat box last

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone ask why he called a timeout?

As usual Butters the Dog is on top of it. I have not seen anyone post if that question was asked and/or a response, but here was my thought at the time:

I am no Cousin Eddie shill and think he sux at game management, and I would not have taken a timeout, but I can slightly see the thought. Given it was a VERY long FG, perhaps the calculus is that it is less than 50% chance of a make, and you get good field position and only need 20-25 yards for a legit FG try. Or had LSU had TO's remaining, I definitely would have used my own timeout. Or had it been a VERY short FG attempt I would have taken a TO. But given that there are never kickoff returns, you know you will be starting at the 25 with little time. Weigh that risk against LSU having no timeouts and having to rush the entire FG unit onto the field for a 57 yd. FG. Sure they practice stuff like that (I assume) but from 57 and having everyone ready and alert in a game like this is unlikely. Cousin Eddie allowed the opponent to go thru their FG team process and credit to the kicker for nailing it.

I think it was a game management mistake but not obvious or as clearly a shyt call like running Davis on 4th and goal into the teeth of a D line that our O-line could not move 1 inch when it is needed.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
To be fair, LSU's scout team has twice the talent that we do.

Bullsht. Between opt outs, early declarations, injuries, and transfers, I don't think they have a scout team. Anyone with a pulse gets a uniform. They are at bare bottom for talent. And they beat us, on our field, on sr. night, with CFP on the line.

we would lose huge to Bammers scout team. Sometimes it just comes down to talent level.

Except last night, it didn't come down to talent level. It came down to bad coaching, poor play by the team, and more bad coaching.

= === =

I'll give LSU some credit. Their kicker hits a 57 yd FG to win, that's well done. I don't recall any of their players getting called for dumbass celebrations, though they did get a guy ejected early (not sure I even agreed with the call). But overall, they should NEVER have been in this game. UF coaches and players f'd this up.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Except you wouldn't know truth if it punched you in the mouth.

You are the Marco Wilson of the GCMB. No idea what the fuch you are doing, and yet you're here every game showing your ass.

I've never seen someone as much as you so openly root for the opposing team every damn play. Review your chatterbox posts fool. You're pathetic.

Your username is quite apropos for you, as you are literally an AIDS virus infecting the board :grin:
Burn

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullsht. Between opt outs, early declarations, injuries, and transfers, I don't think they have a scout team. .
Well, if you look at the quote I was responding to, it was that LSU just beat us with their scout team. Yes, their scout team IS also the first team right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator