Recruiting Mullen gets show cause; cannot recruit off-campus for a year

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Is anyone else bothered by the fact we are just now finding out about this? Transparency?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So this all happened during his first year? Curious why it's just now being revealed.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I may be mistaken but... I believe the Phil Fulmer rule prevents AD's from going directly to the NCAA. They have to utilize the chain of command and go to the SEC commish...

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
It's called keep your mouth shut and stop going against the grain or we will punish you, Like "Fill the Swamp".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@JacquieFran_: #Gators head coach Dan Mullen’s statement regarding the NCAA decision

His history of getting his team on probation at Cowbell too?

His history of getting outbid for $Cam and being the only university who admitted they attempted to pay him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Top 20 of what? I hear we are way up there in the All Sports trophy of top academic public universities. Does that count?

Top 20 of Baseball Stadiums?
Gotta be Top 3 baseball facility.

not that I know anything about baseball facilities.... or care in the slightest.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
So this all happened during his first year? Curious why it's just now being revealed.
As an excuse to not fire any coaches for horrific development and recruiting. The old well, we had recruiting restrictions that put those guys in a bind, but we will get better and learn from this.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't recruit while cheating.

Sad thing is, we have to wait three years at least until we are rid of the useless bastard.

Gator Standard my ass.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This guys been cheating and still is an average recruiter? LOL

I criticize Mullen pretty regularly on this board, but somehow this actually makes me feel better about his recruiting. Nearly all of these limits, and they were pretty serious this cycle, already happened. Shoot, when we were all complaining (me included) about all the vacations in April-May instead of recruiting (since we had no commits for a long time around that time), they were in a 6 week period that they could not even have calls from any coaches with recruits. 1/2 the allotted evals and full year ban on off-campus recruting is a pretty substantial hindrence. We likely caught a break with this occurring during Covid. That is also probably how this hasn't even leaked yet. Any other year, his absence would have been noted by recruits and coaches.

Again, this somehow makes me feel better about this years class. How he F'd up this bad for 2017-2018 and still had those meh classes is a different story.

Because Stricklin went running to daddy NCAA. LSU, North Carolina during the cheating scandal, and others are telling the NCAA to screw off and prove their case against real lawyers, which the NCAA almost never can accomplish.

The Vulvas are a different story. They are intentionally leaking their violations and self reporting to get their coach in a more fireable spot for cause.

Because they finally reached a deal and could jointly make it public. How they kept the initial notice to show cause and investigation under wraps is a direct indictment of our now retired dynamic duo at the G-Sun. Those buffoons had this happening under their noses. I thought it was now pretty routine for the beat writers to issue a Freedom of Information Act request every 6 months or so to see what is really going on. Guess not in Gainesville if you want to keep your 1 practice a year access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator