Muschamp offered Defensive Coordinator job at Auburn

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever he does, he will be a rich man. I would say he has played his cards very well for what he is holding (not a very good hand in my opinion).

Mybad

Skrong
Dec 1, 2014
I just hope WM doesn't take T-Rob with him to Auburn or wherever else he may end up. We need to hold on to him and Lawing if at all possible.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The new shtick from Florida haters is that Florida screwed WM and hurt his career because he needed more than 4 years due to all the thugs in the program. They always have an excuse lined up

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Mybad;n124543 said:
I just hope WM doesn't take T-Rob with him to Auburn or wherever else he may end up. We need to hold on to him and Lawing if at all possible.

^This. T-Rob is an Auburn alum and I fear he might go with Muschamp. The question is, is T-Rob more committed to Muschamp and his alma mater, or the returning core of elite DB's we have coming back next year? I think it's obvious that both Durkin and T-Rob would benefit from staying at Florida and keeping our defense elite without Muschamp at the helm. If we have to recruit against Muschamp and T-Rob down the home stretch, this class will struggle. Plus, it'll be hard getting into south Florida next year too.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStompin';n124807 said:
^This. T-Rob is an Auburn alum and I fear he might go with Muschamp. The question is, is T-Rob more committed to Muschamp and his alma mater, or the returning core of elite DB's we have coming back next year? I think it's obvious that both Durkin and T-Rob would benefit from staying at Florida and keeping our defense elite without Muschamp at the helm. If we have to recruit against Muschamp and T-Rob down the home stretch, this class will struggle. Plus, it'll be hard getting into south Florida next year too.

I think this is a golden opportunity for Durkin and TRob to prove the Defense at UF was theirs and not Will Muschamp's.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trob ain't gonna back up his family and move if he doesn't have too. Atleast i wouldn't think.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
auburn booster told me today that muschamp and trob was a package deal, take it for what it is worth :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's my fear. Remember that Chimp and Trob were together at Barn.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n124806 said:
The new shtick from Florida haters is that Florida screwed WM and hurt his career because he needed more than 4 years due to all the thugs in the program. They always have an excuse lined up

I was a Muschamp supporter. I believe he would have done better with more time, BUT his final games against USCe and FSU proved that he needed a lot more talent to be successful on the offensive side of the ball. Even us Muschamp supporters have to see that he wasn't getting the most out of his talent. We need better out of our HC. Hopefully, he can go somewhere as a DC and actually learn something about offense from Sumlin, Malzahn, or SOS. Then maybe he'll have a successful 2nd stint as a HC. I am grateful for his effort and commitment, and for cleaning up the program. We just need more from our HC. By the end of his 4 year he showed little progress on the offense side of the ball....he just wasn't good enough to get the job done in the time frame that the program needed.

GatorCrunch

Nov 20, 2014
Good fit for him and if we should play against him we should all be happy because that means we made the SEC championship game :cool:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;127982 said:
CoachingSearch has learned that Vanderbilt defensive coordinator will not return. Muschamp to Vandy?

Hell no

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator