Muschamp would've found a way to blow this game

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Complete domination for 3.5 quarters and a near implosion of monumental proportions in the 4th quarter. We somehow managed to pull this game out with a few clutch plays by Demarcus Robinson and Kelvin Taylor. It wasn't pretty offensively and Treon must eliminate the mental mistakes as much as possible going forward, but with a coaching staff that understands how to put together a competent game plan and a head coach that isn't afraid to gamble, I know we're in good hands. Let's get healthy, regroup against the cupcake next week, and win out the rest of the season. Go Gators!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
True, he would have Muschamped the bed.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Chimp would of blown it.

But the coaches called a horrible play on 4th down, went into a soft zone afterwards, we jump offsides on their 4th down, and get beat on a trick play. That's not solely on the players, the coaches have to bear some responsibility for the near collapse.

9-1 feels good, so I let them off the hook!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
RocketCityGator;n312654 said:
Who cares anymore what Muschamp would have done.

The people who defended him and the people who knew he was a pile of :kiffin:.
Or maybe it's just the people that defended him that don't wan tot hear about it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This just in... Water is wet!

I'll admit I supported chump until it was obvious he didn't know how to learn from his (don't lose the game) mistakes. Even after the surprise beat down of ugaly last year, it was too late to believe he was our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We gonna have one of these every week?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares? This team is built basically the same as the 2012 team, horrible offense, above average defense, just much better coached.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Last week after the Vandy game, I came down hard on the coaching staff, mainly the play calling, for not doing anything to help Harris knowing he is not good and the offensive line sux. Today the play calling was much better for the most part and did things that I mentioned last week. There were more QB runs (although they need to add a few zone reads b/c they are there, but I understand not wanting to run Harris on purpose), screen pass that led to a 1st down, more throws to the TE's etc. Harris has terrible pocket presence and with this O-line they need to be cognizant of that. But I do think the staff did a better job. Sure there were some terrible calls and Harris made some questionable throws (thank you Cronkrite for making the play of the day) but it was small progress.

On the defensive side, the 4th quarter is the exact reason why we will never have the best defense in the country. Sure we relaxed ont he USCe 1st TD drive, but on the 2nd one can we please find a safety who understands Basic Safety Play Rule #1 when in 2 Deep: AS DEEP AS THE DEEPEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I know not gonna happen. Where have you gone RFN?

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
FireFoley;n312711 said:
Last week after the Vandy game, I came down hard on the coaching staff, mainly the play calling, for not doing anything to help Harris knowing he is not good and the offensive line sux. Today the play calling was much better for the most part and did things that I mentioned last week. There were more QB runs (although they need to add a few zone reads b/c they are there, but I understand not wanting to run Harris on purpose), screen pass that led to a 1st down, more throws to the TE's etc. Harris has terrible pocket presence and with this O-line they need to be cognizant of that. But I do think the staff did a better job. Sure there were some terrible calls and Harris made some questionable throws (thank you Cronkrite for making the play of the day) but it was small progress.

On the defensive side, the 4th quarter is the exact reason why we will never have the best defense in the country. Sure we relaxed ont he USCe 1st TD drive, but on the 2nd one can we please find a safety who understands Basic Safety Play Rule #1 when in 2 Deep: AS DEEP AS THE DEEPEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I know not gonna happen. Where have you gone RFN?

Seems to me Vandy just has a much better defense. Treon had much more time today than he did last week. Either the Oline got much better, or their D wasn't nearly as good. I suspect the latter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n312711 said:

Dude, we're 9-1. Take a phucking pill.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley;n312711 said:

No one suffers a win like FireFoley.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MatthewM.;n312708 said:
Who cares? This team is built basically the same as the 2012 team, horrible offense, above average defense, just much better coached.

Yeah ummm. I'm not going to try to explain it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator