(N & I) Why does Foley Keep Muschamp?

Office pool. When does Foley finally announce the firing? I'm going for Nov 30th day after halF aSs

• No slam dunk replacement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We don't have the money

• Loyalty/Save face

• He really thinks Muschamp can turn it around

• Can't admit failure

• Total voters

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't 3 and 5 the same? Or is that on purpose since that'll be our SEC record this year?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I would not be shocked if we lose every games and I started the season with a lot of hope.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 said:
No clue. Sadly, I am checking in every 30 minutes hoping to see breaking news of his firing.
Lol me too

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Foley should answer for the last five years of Gator football.
He's had Zook, Meyer and Muschump. We shouldn't be down for five years like this. Are you saying that he's infallible? Are you saying that if he makes poor decisions that there are no repercussions? If you are free from consequences what ensures that you'll do your best? Give me a break. Everyone is replaceable. He doesn't walk on water and has turned our program into a huge mess. Muschump wasn't the man for this job. Foley's decision to keep him was wrong. We all know it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
If a slam-dunk replacement was accessible Foley could better face the obvious.
I'm starting to think along this same line.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 said:
No clue. Sadly, I am checking in every 30 minutes hoping to see breaking news of his firing.
Me three.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
I think Foley has earned a pretty long leash. His choice as our HC in football has not.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Nice poll but the reality is there was no good reason to keep him, the decision was irrational. The good thing for those of us living in the real world is the result was expected so my disappointment is minimized.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n57939 said:
Foley is going to fire Will Muschamp by November 3rd. I personally believe the Gators are going to be 1-2 in October and the loss to Georgia 11/1 will finish it.

This would be my vote, especially if we lose to TN. You can bet dawgchump will continue to throttle Roper and try to run the ball as much as possible. After firing the dawg Foley can easily turn the reins over to Roper for the rest of the season. With his hands no longer tied he can bench Driskel when he plays bad and insert Harris or Grier. If we can make some first downs, score with the offense, it will fire up the team, the D will be motivated again.. If we are competitive the rest of the year he can take over. If not the search that started Nov 3rd continues.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Look at the number of National Titles and there was a term Gator Slam that was coined in the last decade. Foley has earned his money and long leash. To say because of 2 hires out of many that Foley doesn't get at least the benefit of the doubt is just irrational.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a decent article. And like I've said plenty of times Gundy admitted that he almost left for Tennessee, I read the article the other day. Look at Arkansas hiring Brett beleima, Cincinnati hiring tubberville. Texas hiring strong from Louisville. Not all teams are looking for an up and comer. Hiring a proven coach seems to be the trendy thing these days. And with SEC network teams athletic budgets are bigger( ours is top 5 nationally). I don't understand the notion that there's no decent replacement especially when it's one of the best if not the best jobs in the country.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he was going to fire him it would have been after last year. At this point there is no reason to fire him right now. The team hasn't looked great, but they only have 1 loss and it was on the road to Alabama.

I don't have high hopes after watching the team play, but let's say they do turn it around and win the East... do you still think he should be fired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.