NASA - Deep Webb Telescope

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

NASA reveals the first official deep-space pictures: James Webb captures the signature of water on exoplanet WASP 96-b, a dying star cloaked by dust, galaxy cluster Stephan's Quintet and baby stars in the Carina Nebula​

• The first ever set of official images from the new James Webb Space Telescope have been released by NASA
  • Snaps of nebulae, an exoplanet and galaxy clusters are among most detailed photos of the universe ever seen
  • James Webb's infrared cameras let it see back in time to the Big Bang, which happened 13.8 billion years ago
  • NASA's $10 billion (£7.4 billion) observatory is billed as the successor to the iconic Hubble Space Telescope

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
So what happens to a star when it dies? Does it get buried? Is there a memorial service or celebration of it's life? Inquiring minds...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
More like cremation and spreading of ashes than burial.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I've seen articles that explain this Webb thing can look at our universe from its creation, back in time.

dafuq?

And now they're using these images to "confirm" their Big Bang Theory.

:faint:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
And now they're using these images to "confirm" their Big Bang Theory.

I'm waiting for them to come up against something they can't explain, which blows up Big Bang. Not that I'm 'creationist' or 'big bang' or anything, but I like for 'settled science' to be challenged so we can see what they learn from it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I had a little to do with this thing working. The wavefront sensing company I worked for contracted with Lockheed to build sensors and a test stand to measure the mirror segments on the JWST during production. You know, so the thing wouldn't have astigmatism like the Hubble. Guess it worked. Somewhere I have the patch Lockheed gave us.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I had a little to do with this thing working. The wavefront sensing company I worked for contracted with Lockheed to build sensors and a test stand to measure the mirror segments on the JWST during production. You know, so the thing wouldn't have astigmatism like the Hubble. Guess it worked. Somewhere I have the patch Lockheed gave us.
Lemme guess, was it one of these?
*.run = the currently loaded isapi application
*.update = the new isapi application that will replace the old one, and
*.backup

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members