National Signing Day

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guys do gain good weight sometimes. It would be nice to sign a bunch of Floyds and not have to count on it, but it's worked for us before.

Steven Harris came in at 220 and Joe Cohen came in at 240 (Joe even played running back in high school). Those guys ended up playing at DT on that 06 championship defense which was one of our best ever. Both of them played DT in the NFL.

Here's a nice article about Harris stepping up to replace Marcus Thomas:

https://www.alligator.org/app/pt2/specials/glendale/championship/070107thomas.html

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Fowler didn't gain 40 lbs. Infact, there was a point where he had to lose weight.
Fowler did gain 40. Was listed as 230 when committed to fsu and reported at 270. So, 270-230 is 40. And yes, he did have to lose weight. Coach said he was too heavy to play shortly after he reported, but had him playing afew days later. I believe he lost like 5 LBs which allowed the coach to save face.Look it up.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

200.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Gentlemen, with all due respect, no matter how much you try to spin yourself into painful contortions for no apparent reason other than to spin, Polite is not and will never be a DT. It's as simple as that. He will probably play at 265-270, perfect for a DE. Even if he ate every vat of peanut butter in Gainesville, he's too tall for DT. He isn't a DT. You want squat guys to get under the pads of the G and C.

We signed no DTs. Mac admits it. Said it is a problem. I'm hoping he fixes it soon.

Stop spinning.
Nice going, law. When you lose the argument on weight, change the argument to one on height. Half the posters don't even notice what you do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AR, there is no losing an argument on height. The laws of physics and leverage don't change. Saying John Henderson, which everyone always does is exactly because there is only one (or they are extraordinarily rare). It's like saying short guys don't make good QBs and someone mentioning Flutie.

I do just get tired of arguing the obvious with the oblivous. If I keep repeating it, you pumpers biitch about it.

We are in terrible shape due to not signing DTs two damn years in a row. Mac mentions it and doing poorly in Florida in his last interview.

Pump away.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't think you read the posts you argue about. Didn't say that you lost the argument on height. I said when you lost the argument on weight, you switched to arguing on height. Pay attention.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think you read the posts you argue about. Didn't say that you lost the argument on height. I said when you lost the argument on weight, you switched to arguing on height. Pay attention.

... Law reaching the height of argumentative sleight of hand ?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
A real damn DT or NT, like Omar Hunter. (I know people here don't recognize that Omar was a run stopping, guard owning beast)

Omar Hunter???!! Omar Hunter didn't own anything except possibly the title of biggest recruiting bust of the Meyer era. Omar was a guy who was a 5th year senior who was productive his last year, nothing more, which is the only reason he won't go down as a bust. Had he been the run stopping, guard owning beast you claim, he would have been more than an undrafted free agent after his senior year. As it stands, he wasn't.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Omar Hunter???!! Omar Hunter didn't own anything except possibly the title of biggest recruiting bust of the Meyer era. Omar was a guy who was a 5th year senior who was productive his last year, nothing more, which is the only reason he won't go down as a bust. Had he been the run stopping, guard owning beast you claim, he would have been more than an undrafted free agent after his senior year. As it stands, he wasn't.
Not the biggest bust. He contributed, but wasn't spectacular. I think Law is right that his biggest contribution was eating up space.

How about these 5* guys...James Wilson, Matt Patchan, Will Hill, and my favorite Carl Moore.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Matt Patchan got hurt watching the Super Bowl

Actually, it was during pre-game warm ups. Patchan was pulling into his driveway on his scooter when he cut off a kid on a bike who then shot Patchan in the eye with a nerf dart. Patchan then tore his acl when his knee hit the car bumper on the way down. Finally, upon impact, he dislocated his shoulder.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Not the biggest bust. He contributed, but wasn't spectacular. I think Law is right that his biggest contribution was eating up space.

How about these 5* guys...James Wilson, Matt Patchan, Will Hill, and my favorite Carl Moore.

I didn't say he was a bust, I actually said he wasn't a bust mainly because he stayed 5 years and contributed somewhat in his 5th year. Law said he was a real DT/NT, referred to him as a beast and put him in the same category as Gerard Warren, Mt. Cody and Sharif Floyd. Bottom line is Omar wasn't close to any of those guys or those things. As I said, Omar was a guy who contributed some for one, maybe one and a half years out if his 5 years in the program, nothing more, and then he went undrafted. He wasn't some run stuffing, lineman eating monster worthy of the comparison that was made. For most of his time at UF, he was a fat, out of shape guy with a bad attitude and poor work ethic before finally showing up as a senior.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say he was a bust, I actually said he wasn't a bust mainly because he stayed 5 years and contributed somewhat in his 5th year. Law said he was a real DT/NT, referred to him as a beast and put him in the same category as Gerard Warren, Mt. Cody and Sharif Floyd. Bottom line is Omar wasn't close to any of those guys or those things. As I said, Omar was a guy who contributed some for one, maybe one and a half years out if his 5 years in the program, nothing more, and then he went undrafted. He wasn't some run stuffing, lineman eating monster worthy of the comparison that was made. For most of his time at UF, he was a fat, out of shape guy with a bad attitude and poor work ethic before finally showing up as a senior.
Agree. Jaye Howard had more of an impact both at UF and the NFL. And I'm pretty sure Howard was a DE coming in who grew to a DT

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In the end I don't think Manuel will be as big of a loss as we originally thought, other than just not having a DT in the class. We needed a couple of DT's really. But Manuel himself, I dont think will be that big of a deal and is likely to be a bust.

Having said that, this is just one more of many, many reasons to hate fsu

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Omar Hunter???!! Omar Hunter didn't own anything except possibly the title of biggest recruiting bust of the Meyer era.

:scratchchin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.