Neal and Ivey downgraded to doubtful for Saturday

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Orlando Sentinel reports Neal and Ivey are still having issues with their respective leg injuries. I'm ok with keeping Ivey out. We need him for the long haul. The bad part about Neal's problem is that Maye is suspended. We are going to be missing both starting safeties. Duke Dawson and Nick Washington will start and Poole will slide over from the nickel back to replace one of them if either chokes. I'm sure they'll be adequate for this game, but I sure hope we don't suddenly see NM turning this into some sort of contest by beating us over the top. ugh. DL will need to get to their QB and bury him. This game needs to be a rout.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...mpaign=Feed:+sports/college/uf+(Swamp+Things)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n270243 said:
l. The bad part about Neal's problem is that Maye is suspended. We are going to be missing both starting safeties. Duke Dawson and Nick Washington will start and Poole will slide over from the nickel back to replace one of them if either chokes. I'm sure they'll be adequate for this game, but I sure hope we don't suddenly see NM turning this into some sort of contest by beating us over the top.
Did you watch any of our football last year? Getting beaten over the top is exactly how I'd describe our previous "safeties".

I fully expect there to be little dropoff and in fact am fairly confident that, at least Dawson but maybe both, will be improvements.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would hold Ivey out regardless of what the doctors say, give him an extra week to let the knee heal. This is New Mexico, not an SEC opponent.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I would like them to move Q. Wilson to safety. Dude is big, fast and smart. Neal needs to move to OLB.

VHIII - Tabor - Wilson - Poole - Dawson as DB's.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n270304 said:
Did you watch any of our football last year? Getting beaten over the top is exactly how I'd describe our previous "safeties".

I fully expect there to be little dropoff and in fact am fairly confident that, at least Dawson but maybe both, will be improvements.
Atleast Collins is gonna constantly bring pressure. They got alot of sacks while he was there. And atleast were not gonna be dropping 8 guys back into coverage while LSU and Georgia are running it down our throats.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We will see. He plays a LOT of bend defenses with the Dbs playing 15 yards deep. Huge passing yardage. Hoke/Zook redux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.