Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You only get a limited number of coaches so the numbers pretty much make this mandatory. Heres the rule:

11.7.2 Football Bowl Subdivision - There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n143926 said:
I don't think Jenkins qualifies as an alum.

Also, thank you both for starting a new thread.
He is not a grad, but he is an alum.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;144211 said:
Yeah hes dual coaching I guess. Just seems like a lot I dunno.

Is there anything other than WR coach left if we snag Callahan?

I'd like the QB coach and the wide receiver coach to either be the same or work closely together. Huge disconnect right now.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n144231 said:
I'd like the QB coach and the wide receiver coach to either be the same or work closely together. Huge disconnect right now.

There isn't a huge disconnect with offensive staff because they work hand & hand everyday. Our problem was they wasn't worth a $hit!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
There isn't a huge disconnect with offensive staff because they work hand & hand everyday. Our problem was they wasn't worth a $hit!

Well our Tim Davis never even spoke with Pease. For an entire year. So there's that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;144280 said:
MOM but @FootballScoop: Can confirm that Jeff Dillman is not being retained as director of strength & conditioning at Florida [video]http://footballscoop.com/strength-scoop/[/video]

Yep. He's been lined up somewhere else for a while now. Not sure where

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n144278 said:
Well our Tim Davis never even spoke with Pease. For an entire year. So there's that.
I know we had problems before but I talking about this year. Everyone was supposedly on the same page and they still couldn't get anything done. The scheme/play calling was garbage from the get go.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I know we had problems before but I talking about this year. Everyone was supposedly on the same page and they still couldn't get anything done. The scheme/play calling was garbage from the get go.

4 years of coach suckage. It will be nice for kids to finally develop when they come here.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;144322 said:
@LukeStampini: Kirk Callahan officially offered DB job at #UF. (VIP) [video]http://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/Kirk-Callahan-officially-offered-DB-job-34442838[/video] via @247Sports
I think this is good. He was with us under Meyer and has good connections in the state.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
^ @DerekTysonESPN: Think Callahan to UF is huge for the #Gators. Was GA under Muschamp/Robinson for two years and was a great recruiter.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: Kirk Callahan has some incredible connections in the Tampa area. Should definitely help the #Gators with Byron Cowart.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DerekTysonESPN: Not a long resume but he is a fast riser in the coaching ranks. Young and energetic RT “@AManchir: @DerekTysonESPN is that a good hire?”

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BobRedman_Scout: Been saying Kirk Callahan for about week and a half after knew T-Rob was gone, excellent hire as a DB coach for #Gators.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BobRedman_Scout: Don't let fact he is coaching at UCF fool you on Kirk Callahan. First they have been good. Second, he is young and widely respected. #Gators

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I like this. So much talent there.

@BobRedman_Scout: Kirk Callahan is a former GA @ UF, Dad is highly respected coach @ Seffner Armwood. Will kill it in Tampa & O-Town recruiting for #Gators

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BobRedman_Scout: McElwain now has Dade / Broward recruiting covered well with Randy Shannon, Tampa / Orlando with Callahan. #Gators (more)@BobRedman_Scout: Doug @CoachDNuss is a very good recruiter & is very familiar with Florida. #Gators @CoachCollins also another very good recruiter. #Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator